Super Sound System.Not enough power!!! Any Solutions????????

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

BuCkEt
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by BuCkEt »

I prefer to listen to the symphony of cylinders. :P
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

This is the sort of garbage that car audio sites link to in their forums and say "look at these guys they have no idea."
yeah, and they'll be laughing at yr remarks :roll:
Do tell me and the rest of the world about digital power transfer???? Also can you tell me what exactly is digital about these amps, *insert buzzword here*.
Once again, this is going to be repeated for u, THERE ARE DIGITAL AMPS. It is not a marketing ploy. This is from the head techincal advisor from Blaupunkt so if u wanna question that if what he is saying its up to u to come up with yr so called 'expertise' and try to convince us otherwise.
'Digital amps have less sound quality compared to a normal amp due to the way the signal is passed through them But they do possess a higher power efficiency than standard amps. The reason why they are used in subs rather than splits is because the sound quality from the sub wont suffer that much using the digital amp but because subs demand more power it is a wiser decisions to run a better power efficient system'.
you do understand that the louder the system is playing the more current will be drawn, so if you're listening at a moderate level most of the time, there is no need for 300 odd amps of current. As I said above the maximum current this system could draw is well over 300 amps at it's peak.
What sort of commment is that?!?!? Are u trying to insult my intelligence?? Can u actually stop and think what yr saying being u write such a ridiculous post :roll:
My aim is to help Samson with his system. What yr saying isnt helping at all. Think about this Dr Jones, u may not play yr system that loud but someone who is willing to get such a large and extensive system is obviously into his music and system more than the average joe blow. When u even start to crank a system like this, u will see yr battery power being drained every time a bass note hits.
I rest my case as we both have valid points I think.
well im yet to see yrs :twisted:
Dr_Jones
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Dr_Jones »

Oh my, here we go again.

I feel like I'm in a school yard arguing with a kid about which is better, Sega or Nintendo.

I am not trying to insult you but come on, I asked you to tell me what a digital amp is, HOW IS IT DIGITAL? I've already stated why it isn't earlier in this thread. Just because your friend says they exist doesn't mean they do. I know all about the sound quality issues involved with CLASS D which once again is what you are referring to.

Now the system, will draw over 300 amps at it's peak close to 400 actually. Two batteries will save you when you can't start your car because you've been busy giving car audio enthusiasts a bad name by driving round playing your system loud enough to hear a kilometre away but you still need to charge that battery. A high current alternator isn't going to cope nore will two if your planning on running full bore day in day out. I wonder where this second alternator will go? Plus you have to leave room for the third one and maybe even a fourth if you wanted to match the MAXIMUM current draw for all the amps if you get a second CLASS D. I was flat out fitting the alternator that comes with the car in when I changed it!!!

FTOluv you're not a saleperson are you? You lost me at 8OA 1000WRMS digital amp will always put out more power than a 1000WRMS standard amp.8O

The point I'm making is MAXIMUM.
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

Just because your friend says they exist doesn't mean they do.

Cant u read my post?!?! My friend isnt some slapper off the streets, his the head technical advisor for Blaupunkt!! U probably dont even know what that is with a stupid comment like that! :roll:
Two batteries will save you when you can't start your car because you've been busy giving car audio enthusiasts a bad name by driving round playing your system loud enough to hear a kilometre away
As a minimum u would need 2 batteries and someone that is going for that type of sub setup is obviously more into SPL than SQ. Its got nothing to do with giving car audio enthusiats a bad name.

A high current alternator isn't going to cope nore will two if your planning on running full bore day in day out. I wonder where this second alternator will go? Plus you have to leave room for the third one and maybe even a fourth if you wanted to match the MAXIMUM current draw for all the amps if you get a second CLASS D. I was flat out fitting the alternator that comes with the car in when I changed it!!!
Maximum?? He will never be playing on maximum for more than a few seconds (if that). But the alternator and battery setup must be able to handle a considerably loud volume play for a few minutes.
FTOluv you're not a saleperson are you? You lost me at A 1000WRMS digital amp will always put out more power than a 1000WRMS standard amp.

The point I'm making is MAXIMUM.
Mate, i think u got lost when u even posted on this thread :roll:

If u cant understand any of this then dont even bother replying because im hear to help someone thats asked for assistance not bicker about yr knowledge in car audio.

Building a high end system requires more power and sound deadening from the chassis. This involves a lot of time and money. People must take precautions for building a system like this in order for it to work and last.
Dr_Jones
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Dr_Jones »

Ask him to tell you what part is digital, no part of this amplifier design is digital. I don't care if your friend is Jesus Christ himself. Still waiting for this information.

It's clear you have some knowledge FTOluv but I'm sorry on this point you are wrong and so is your Blue Dot friend.

There are a number of things you have posted in this thread that are flat out wrong, I'm not going to bother any further because it's quite obvious you can't be told anything.

Samson good luck with your system if you wan't some better advise than that which is here then I recommend heading over to www.caraudioaustralia.com
SilentBob
Mechanic

Post by SilentBob »

this is fun reading...
though I must agree, the phrase 'digital amplifier' is somewhat misleading and i get it a lot in my job(hi-fi sales)
I fail to see how it amplifies the 1's and 0's ;)

anyway, read here...it simplifies the argument
http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/aud ... fiers.html
or
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread/t-56709.html

anyway...
that should sort out a few points...
I think it more comes down to a point of 'interpretation' than knowledge...

but thats what learnings all about :)
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

OKay... Lets Settle this. I dont care what you call it. Digital or Class D or Whatever. But they are more efficient. And thats the only thing Concerning me. I Plan to use this system daily at moderate (ie. Listening) Levels but mainly to crank up at sound offs. So i am after SPL. I am also wondering the possibility of joining 2 Batteries into 1??? Can That Work??
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

As Samson said, you know, the guy that started this thread, let's get back on topic shall we, gentleman.
LED ALL the things.
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

OKay... Lets Settle this. I dont care what you call it. Digital or Class D or Whatever. But they are more efficient. And thats the only thing Concerning me.
Well said Samson :D
Trust me dude, i run SPL comps myself and ive seen systems with massive power supplies drain it in a mear 10 seconds with their systems. The more heavy duty yr power supply and alternator is the better for yr system and for yr SPL run.
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Okay, Now this system is on its way. Should arrive Thursday and will be ready for Saturdays Soundoff...muhahah.... Now I need to hook these two Subs (Quad 2 Ohm Voice Coils each) to The Monoblock Amp at 1 Ohm. As It is rated to 2000Wrms @ 4 Ohm, 3000Wrms @ 2 Ohm and 4000Wrms at 1 Ohm. These subs are 4000Wrms (2000 Each). So how can i hook them up to create a 1 Ohm Load? I know series increses and parallel decreases. So i have 8 Voice Coils which are 2 Ohms each. So im guessing i will need to use a combination of series and paralell. Any help in what i should do???
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

Is it going to be stable running the subs at 1 ohm?? :?
Dr_Jones
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Dr_Jones »

Yes it's rated at 4000 watts rms @ 1 ohm.
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

okay now i have another problem. how do i connect the two batteries? i want to connect them in parralell so they share the load but i will need some pretty solid cable? or should i make like a copper rail or something? anyone know how?what i should use?etc?