System = Rattling chasis noise

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

rnbboi
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

System = Rattling chasis noise

Post by rnbboi »

Aaahh... Just completed my system.

Nothing special, but nice :) .

Alpine head, and front splits, Kicker subbie, cadence amp.

The problem:

Love the system, but now I get a lot of rattling noises XD, tis not a lot of bass, but enuff to get the chasis vibrating.

Cant hear it on the inside, but my mates telling me that it makes a bit of rattle on the outside :oops:

Anything I can do to reduce this? I know theres sound deadener, but any other alternatives?

Was thinking of getting some rubber stuff from clark rubber and sticking it on the panels or sumthing - cheap lol
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Rattling on the outside ay?

Checked your number plates?
rnbboi
Mechanic

Post by rnbboi »

will do :wink:

lemme c
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

it must be yr boot lid. They rattle like crazy with any type of bass. Just sound deaden that and u'll get a reduction of up to 90% :wink:
EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

mine used to rattle like hell on the outside... (if you were outside the car) but when my system was changed - e.g. the setup its now much better...
poster
Grease Monkey

Post by poster »

EURO..may i ask what did u change to ?
what did u get ? and how much u got it for ?

thanks...
EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

Umm... well I didnt change anything per se...

I have an alpine 4 channel amp which at the moment im only using 2 channels of to power the front speakers. Head unit powers the rears and a 2 channel alpine amp is bridged to power a 10 inch alpine type S sub...

It was configured differently previously so that the 4 channel amp was powering all the speakers in the car and so maybe the rear speakers were causing a lot of the vibrations etc? I know the sound is a hell of a lot better now then what it was.
rnbboi
Mechanic

Post by rnbboi »

Ye... checked it out. It is the boot lid. The thing was going off! :roll:

Went to clark rubber, and ask em for some foam dat can absorb sound. Got quoted $45 bux or so for some 2.5 inch thick foam to cover the top of the boot lid.

what chu reckon guys?

Get some real sound deadener? or go the foam? (just screw it into the holes thats alrdy in the boot, no hot glue gun for meh)