SA - EOI - Dyno Day, Cruise & BBQ

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

mrx
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by mrx »

#1 thing to upgrade for the track - brakes.

Slotted rotors, racebrakes pads.

But there is plenty of info elsewhere about this.
GoldFTO
Grease Monkey

Post by GoldFTO »

yeah my car is so ready for the track but i may race it next year around this time when i get a lot more driving practice before i head onto a track...still abit scared driving my car..:P

i have a $3000 tunnel which makes my car never go over half on the heat gauge...even when we flogged it doing 180 in 3rd..:( i felt bad i gave her a kiss after :P

just getting new rims and tyres...so they would be wikd!!!

also i just boutght 4 brand new drilled and slotted brake's...they cost me an arm and a leg..:P

cant wait until all my stuff is installed and i can get my baby back on the road...and get more driving behind me in the car so i can drive upto you guys and show you my car in person!!!
mrx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by mrx »

That confuses me a bit - why spend 12 months "getting to know your car" when you can do all that - and so much more - on the track in 1 or days?

Don't want this to come across the wrong way, but anyone who drives like you would on the track on a public road is being completely selfish and irresponsible. I deal with motor vehicle accident victims every day (CTP personal injury claims manager) and it changes the way you look at driving on the road.

That is not to say that I am a slow driver or anything, but I have explored the limits on the track (well, kinda getting towards them) and so I know my car a lot better for it.

And as for doing 180 in 3rd - firstly, silly doing that on the road, and then boasting about it on a public forum, and secondly, unless you have an auto, that is impossible (will do a touch under 170 in 3rd).

Not trying to kill your fun - that would be massively hypocritical of me - but honestly, get to know your car in a safe, legal and controlled environment. Then you will enjoy it so much more elsewhere.

Also, dont forget that in SA, we have an "at fault" system for CTP. Your at fault - your not covered by insurance.

So I expect to see you at the track very soon! :D
GoldFTO
Grease Monkey

Post by GoldFTO »

1. when you get in my car and i take you for a drive ill show you that it does 180 in 3rd bcoz i know it does bcoz me and my friend had it up there!!!

2. we did this on a road where there is no traffic, no houses, only bush and the road and no traffic at all!!!

3. i respect what you said i hate idiots that gun it on the road bcoz how do they know a little kid aint going to jump out infront or if they do crash it they will always regret it!!!

4. i already learnt my lesson speeding on the road!!!

5. your job sounds gross

6. your a kool and i respect you and cant wait to meet you and your car..:P

7. i aint a idiot in my car i just wanted to know its limits!!!

8. i didnt mean race on the streets when i said wait 12months i meant so i get used to the clutch, steering, braking and stuff...not dragging man!!!

9. what i hate is down here they always complain about ill-legal street drags but then we have a drag strip but its open lik once a month...why dont they just leave it open all the time so there aint idiots on the road instead just on the drag strip..:(