RPW EXTRACTORS-ON GROUP BUY P AGAIN

FTO Club of Australia Group Buys. Want something cheap this is where to find it. The best deals for all our members

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

poster
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by poster »

sorry guys im the noob out of all noobs...
what does those extractors do for your car ?
how about the sound of the muffler??? will it sound good ? (i have got HKS dragger exhause)
vivek
Grease Monkey

Post by vivek »

http://rpw.com.au/Performance%20Upgrade ... actors.htm

Just copy and paste the above link into your internet explorer bar and u'll get all the info you need poster.
vivek
Grease Monkey

Post by vivek »

Why do we need extractors on our car engines?

The original factory-fitted exhaust manifold on your car engine allows a significant quantity of exhaust gas to remain inside each cylinder, where it will mix with the incoming fresh air-fuel charge.

When this happens, less air-fuel mixture can fill the cylinder during the intake stroke. Whatever air-fuel mixture that goes in is weakened by the remaining exhaust gas. Less air-fuel mixture due to the lower intake efficiency, and on top of that, a contaminated mixture means that the power output is markedly reduced in each power stroke. Hence, the factory fitted manifold not only reduces engine efficiency, but also limits the fuel economy of the engine by forcing the engine to work harder in order to produce the required power to propel the car.
Black_FTOGPX
Mechanic

Post by Black_FTOGPX »

Extractors, are also good for tuning an NA engine, as you can change the charateristics of the engine with them.

The longer the extractors the more low end torque is produced, where the shorter the extractors the more top end power.

The same goes for the intake manifold.
akuma3
Oldtimer

Post by akuma3 »

you know i always wonder if the extractor can be made with bigger pipe to increase output :roll:
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Too big is not good. N/A engines require a certain amout of back pressure to the cylinder otherwise you begin to loose power. The rpw pipes are the right size.
poster
Grease Monkey

Post by poster »

i want to know..
will this make a different noise in the muffler ?
thanks
BuCkEt
Oldtimer

Post by BuCkEt »

Yes it will make a different noise.
ANBU_fto
Mechanic

Post by ANBU_fto »

guys im in

So the new list:

1. Vivek (94 fto gpx - mivec, manual)
2 Beme007 (94 ftp gpx - Tip *one condition need RPW to post it to NZ )
3 Kay_8
4 ANBU_fto (97 fto gpr - manual)
...groOl...

08 Evolution X - White
97 Gpx Fto - Racing Red
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Okay folks, you've got 4 definites. Moved into group buys.

I cant recommend these enough. As far as dollars per kilowatt goes, these are the best thing you can do for the FTO (apart from CAI.)

Just keep in mind, to get the full benefits of these pipes - get yourself a cold air intake & get the rest of your exhaust upgraded to suit. 2 & 1/2 inch with high flow cat & mufflers will have you howling :wink:
After all, an engine is basically a pump. If it breathes well, make it exhale well.

Also keep in mind the cost of fitting these puppies. I've seen figures from $200 through to $460. Get chummy with your local exhaust shop.

Beme007
Apprentice

Post by Beme007 »

I am wondering how they can post it without damaging it ..

:cry:

it is a long way from Aust to NZ....
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Mate, you need some serious force to damage them during transition, plus RPW been sending them to UK before, so NZ would be like the 8th state of Oz ahhahahaha
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
efteoh
Grease Monkey

Post by efteoh »

im guessing i wont get too much of an increase if i still have the standard cat back exhaust, (would i? i know some has done it here) so im wondering, what else is needed if i am to do a full replacement of the exhaust? a resonator and a muffler?

so from

engine-->extractors-->resonator-->muffler

does this seem about right?

if so, does any one know the quietest resonator and muffler conbination? WITHOUT defeating the whole purpose of this mod, MORE gains! :D :D

i know you can get silencers etc, but id like to avoid that path if i can

i guess im just trying to get maxium gains with out sounding like a excel with a milo tin tacked on the end.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

LOL - excel & milo tin....

ok, you're almost right:
engine-->extractors-->cat converter-->resonator-->muffler

This bit you really need to do to get the most out of it:
cat converter-->resonator-->muffler

Much like yourself, I went for the 'sleeper' sound. A deep rumbly sound that is both non offensive and non illeaglly loud. Most exhaust shops have a range of components you can use to customise your sound. Just remember, you get what you pay for with mufflers & cat converters - go for high flow. Ensure the piping to the rear muffler is mandrel bent as well, not machine bent. I even went for the straight through stock disguised tip....
Maximised power without the bling

The guys I used were http://www.hitechmufflers.com.au/
They've got a big history with performance & race cars.

Image :wink:
efteoh
Grease Monkey

Post by efteoh »

just to get this cleared up, this group buy will only go ahead with 10 people?

whats the lead time after the order as well? just want to plan the funds and locate the other parts :)
vivek
Grease Monkey

Post by vivek »

YUP u r right. this group buy wont proceed till there are atleast 10 ppl on the list. sob sob

lead time - will have to ask them. or those ppl who already got it would know. does anyone know what the lead time was last time around.
efteoh
Grease Monkey

Post by efteoh »

man, the wait is too much for me :(

im going to the white line mod as well, (swaybars) that personally to me is the best value for money mod in terms of handling, and it dosent sacrifice the ride quality as well.
vivek
Grease Monkey

Post by vivek »

tell me abt it man. i've been waiting so long as well. but it seems nobody wants it now. u know what the problem is - even though this forum has about 2104 members i think only about a few 50 members are active. none of the other 1954 members know that such a group buy is on. i'm pretty sure not all of the 2104 members have these extractors. man so i guess we are gonna have to wait. sob sob.

note - no offence to anybody. This forum is great otherwise. I've got to learn so much from here.
efteoh
Grease Monkey

Post by efteoh »

well, i was unaware of many grou buys my self and i check this forum regularly. i guess, its not suggestive enough, if it was on the main page so every one who logs on can see. personaly, when i log on, i dont go to ALL sections, pretty much just the technical and fto help and general. the only reason i found out about this was cos it was in the technical to begin with.
vivek
Grease Monkey

Post by vivek »

eh got ma maths wrong there

2104-50=2054

lol. man but if there is a section "called group buy and if someone wants to know if there is a group buy on, he or she has to go n see the section made for such a thing. ya but i agree if such info was on the main page, would be better.