Vielside kits..........

Bodykits, Interior modifications, Rice Products, anything that is for looks

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

FTO-NX
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Vielside kits..........

Post by FTO-NX »

do u guys know any other shop besides carmate and uniqueautosport selling vielside skirts in sydney..
thanks
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

Jetspeed?
Dougy

Post by Dougy »

i just had a veilside front bar from jetspeed put on
Had some problems with them about the mould being bad.... was told i was too fussy at first...with massive gaps under the lights and no gap between bonnet and bumper... the head lights were moved to try and close the gap..... they also had to respray it since it was pretty poor...
Other then that... they did a good job the 2nd time round... why they did'nt/could'nt in the first place... i don't know.. :?
it cost me $750 for the front bar fitted/painted

there are plenty of places around that do kits... just have a look around first... cos theres a lot of dodgy places about...
FTO-NX
Apprentice

Post by FTO-NX »

yeah thats right..thats why i done want to go to carmate because my friend bought some bonnet scoops and vents for sss and they didnt do a good job its rily funny because they just glued the scoops and when my friend drives the car back home its like the scoops will fly at m4...and rily i done like their costumer service they r pretty rude......im looking for vielside skirts like the ones in carmate..not in uas...so im still waiting for you guys if u know some shops that can make vielside for fto..anyways thanks for your help.......

cheers...
Hez
Grease Monkey

Post by Hez »

well i got my front bar from carmate and its fine. 1 bad experience dosent mean dere always bad, everyone has dere off days!
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

good to see you online again dougy! ;)
FOULZ
Grease Monkey

Post by FOULZ »

carmate do have bad kits but i got mine from there and it wasnt to baqd to fix.
Jetspeed cannot do good good kits coz they got sh*t moulds and cant fit too well either.
My 2 cents...
Dougy

Post by Dougy »

G'day mikey... been a few weeks... work sent me to some hole...

i agree with that foulz
I'd thought jetspeed were desent..
wish i'd known other ppls experiances before i'd gone to them...

But it ended up being an alright fit in the end.... after arguing with them...

But just look around a few places before you buy.... but i figure now most bodykit places are dodgy...
hnm738
Grease Monkey

Post by hnm738 »

how much lower does veilside make the standard fto lower buy?

normal fto i think its 15 cm off the ground?

thanks

or what other kist are there that would look nice on the fto?
thecook
Mechanic

Post by thecook »

the stock bar is more curved at the front

where as the veilside bar hangs down at the front...... so if u drive up a steep ramp with stock bar, u'll have no probs, but if u got veilside bar... well u might get the bar scratched
D-TRAIN
Mechanic

Post by D-TRAIN »

Well, my car is lowered and I have a Creative Sports front lower arm brace.

When I had to get a wheel re-alignment, I went to 3 different places and I could not make it up their ramps. Finally found one that had a special extended ramp (who also catered for big 4wds) at the 4th place I went to.

Bit of a hassle but the handling is superb!

Yeah, you just have to be extra careful. I cringe every time I hear a car scraping. Just go slow if you have to. And if you have a cannon-shaped exhaust, watch your back too!

Also, if the lowest part of your car is less than 10cm, you can be defected for being too low.
Wollifa

Post by Wollifa »

Hi All. I have just joined as a member on this site today. I have just got my GPX and am going to have a GENUINE Veilside kit installed. This is something that I have not seen much mention of so far. "Genuine" kits are much different to what you will get from carmate etc. The actual material used is vastly better when using genuine Veilside. Mind you, the price matches the quality.

If you go to Veilside.com website you will see that the master distributor for Australia is Auto Concepts. This is actually going to change. A company called Sendai Motorsport (related company to auto concepts) will soon be listed there. The contact details for them are. 804 Heidelberg Road, Alphington VIC. 3078. Phone: (03) 9497 2022 (Jason and John).

I have been lucky enough to contract the development of the official VEILSIDE Australia website (url coming soon). Specific retail pricing on the FTO kit is as follows.

VeilSide FTO (DE3A) C1 Model

AE038-01 Front Bumper $2065
AE038-02 Side Skirts $1550
AE038-03 Rear Bumper $1550
AE038-04 Rear Wing $1550

Total $6715
(scary hey)

If you contact them and mention that you are in the FTO Aust club I believe they will better the price. Just tell them that Brenden told you about them.
D-TRAIN
Mechanic

Post by D-TRAIN »

That is some price! I don't think it's worth it unless you plan to hold on to the car for a long time.

And those prices I imagine are just the materials, without any painting or fitting. That will at least add another $1500 for a good job. All up, you're looking at a $10g jobbie??

How much is your contract worth with Veilside?? 8O
Wollifa

Post by Wollifa »

Yeah it sounds a bit of money but I have worked it out with them so it will cost me just over $7500. If you consider what some people are spending on ICE for there cars it kinda seems more realistic. Why spend $5000 on stereo exuip when it only adds "wow factor" to the car if people are in it or looking in the boot.

Another thing. I looked around at a lot of FTOs before getting this one... Some of the ones that had cheap kits on them were cracking around the exhaust pipe moulding etc. I do not want to deal with having problems with the body once it is all colour match and finished. Flat rubbed paintwork that has clear coat is a bugger to touch up.

I have not got this website contract yet and my purchase will nod ride on this job. I am getting it done before we even look at starting the site. :wink:

Of course I want to hold onto my FTO for a while. Is that not the thought of all FTO owners. :D It's my baby, I have to look after it...
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

This got 2 be the best "entertaining" comment i've ever read!! R U saying u going 2 spend $7500 to achieve the "Wow" factor, which to 95% of the ppl on the street is the same as $1500 job!!!!!

And please don't compare sound systems 2 bodykits, they are 2 different things. One is visual & the other auditory. You can't listen to a bodykit, or look at the sound wave with your eyes, unless u use a sound equipment!

And just for the record, the GENUINE kits (any brand) will crack 2, even if u go to the best panel shop.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
Wollifa

Post by Wollifa »

My comment about the sounds system comparison was not to be directly related to spending money on one or the other. It was an attempted comparison on expenature in general. It's about how people will proudly admit to spending so much money on the sound system. It is like if ya spend many thousands then it must be good. Yet when it comes to the body people seem to like the cheapest possible option. If you say you can get an entire body kit (front bar, rear bar, spoiler and skirts) fitted and painted for $1500 then what must it say about the quality. I can not see that pricing including fitting and painting. From memory a standard rear bar on a 95 corolla to replace costs about 1100 bucks, when ya look at that it seems a bit more realistic. I know that the carmate fibreglass front bar for the FTO (part only) can be obtained for about $550. If that is what you want to stick on your baby then that it fine. I do not mean to offend any non genuine Vilside wearers. I simply wanted to let everyone know about the main place to get the real Veilside in Aust.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Ahhhhh thats all make sense now!

Cheers
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
TimmyD
Mechanic

Post by TimmyD »

$7500.... ugh... you could get a custom kit for that, and a good quality one at that, so why vielside?? no offensive to vielside kits but... THERES JUST TO MANY OF THOSE MOCK-UP VIELSIDE KITS OUT THERE ON THE ROAD!!!!
also, how are people going to tell its genuine unless you get the C O A and stick them on your window...

also for $7500 YOU COULD GET A TURBO KIT INSTALLED!!!

but, it is your decision and your money.

Tim
D-TRAIN
Mechanic

Post by D-TRAIN »

Timmy raised a good point. There is so many FTOs with Veilside copy it's not funny. And when it's time to sell the car, be it a real Veilside or fake Veilside, it's going to be make little difference in the end.

Have you considered other Japanese aftermarket bodykits e.g. Creative Sports? Much more unique and better quality than the copies here in Australia like Carmate.