Gold Coast Cruise

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Jase
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Gold Coast Cruise

Post by Jase »

I went for a spin along a possible cruise route on sun arvo. Left from Oxenford tavern and headed up to Tambourine. The roads are good and so is the scenery. Most of it is posted at 60 and it's a bit busy so it wont be a quick cruise. I came back down Henri Roberts and into the back of Nerang. All up it was only about 70ks in total. The last cruise was 380 for me start to finish.
I was thinking of maybe going through Canungra and into the back of murwullimbah to add a few kays to the distance. Then head back up the coast to the spit to say our goodbyes.
Something to think about boys and girls.
GarryD
Grease Monkey

Cruise

Post by GarryD »

I know a lot of "good' roads in Northern rivers area I could ask Daughter to put on a BBQ at Dunoon near Lismore would a very long day Or maybe even camp at their place Plenty of room
Garry
Theremin
Grease Monkey

Post by Theremin »

From experience, cruises always take longer than you plan due to people being late, having to stop to wait, re-group, photo stops etc etc. Plus people like to chat and catch up, share stories, look at other cars etc, so it's better to allow plenty of time. Somewhere around 100-150km is about right, and will take about 4-6 hours with a lunch break.

For cruises south, in the past we have met in the Crazy Clarke's carpark in Springwood. It's a pain trying to cruise in traffic unless everyone has CBs, and most people don't. So, start the cruise out of the city (eg. Aspley if you're heading north). We did a cruise down Mt Mee once which is an awesome bit of road and one I wouldn't mind trying again. The lap around that lake out past Mt Glorious (through Esk) was also pretty good, although up and down Mt Glorious, and then up and down again the way back on a hot day tested a few peoples' brake pads out :)
Jase
Grease Monkey

Post by Jase »

The last cruise up Mt Glorious was awesome. No doubt about it. Somewhere down this end for the people like me who spent all day in the car last time is the go. If anyone wants to throw around a couple of dates i'm keen to extend it down to murwullibah then back up the coast.