Ipod Ready?

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

ANBU_fto
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Ipod Ready?

Post by ANBU_fto »

omg YES!!!
i finally got me system!!! loving it!!

and i choose the clarion head unit (VRX756VD).
now this unit come ipod ready... going to sound dumb... but here goes... what does that mean?

does it mean i can plug a ipod into it?
if so, what do i need to do that?
...groOl...

08 Evolution X - White
97 Gpx Fto - Racing Red
poster
Grease Monkey

Post by poster »

from what i know of not many system have that ipod ready what i know of are the pinneer,jvc, sony, clarion...

ipod ready is a plug at the bak of the system which u can put your ipod into....
if im not wrong the JVC head unit can have a connection between the ipod..what i mean by that is you can see the song name and choose songs from the head unit and not the ipod.

can i ask u how much u got it for? and did u put the system in your self ?
thanks
ANBU_fto
Mechanic

Post by ANBU_fto »

um the full system, which was the head unit kappa perfect speakers front and rear, kappa perfect 12" sub with box, and a refference series 6 channel amp, i got all this for $3400.oo. thats including installation and wiring. the system isnt installed just yet... due to the car not back yet but yea... i wouldnt mind plugging an ipod in there.

do i need an extra cable for this? if so where can i get one?
...groOl...

08 Evolution X - White
97 Gpx Fto - Racing Red
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

My pioneer stereo has av in plugs at the rear of it, i have a 3.5mm headphone jack to av wire plugged into that, i han plug anything from my phone, walkman, ipod (basically anything with a headphone jack) into it but i put it in there for my police scanner... works great
testlabmonkey
Grease Monkey

Post by testlabmonkey »

OK some info on connecting your iPod to your car head unit.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1749982,00.asp
Clarion's VRX755VD DVD Center Unit with Direct iPod Interface is one unit that doesn't flatten out the iPod experience. It features the most iPod like controls we've ever used in a car stereo head unit. Rather than using hardware, Clarion replicated most of the iPod's controls via an on screen display that uses the VRX755VD's entire 7 inch touchscreen. The head unit connects to a Dock Connector equipped iPod via the CCA649 iPod Connecting Cable, an accessory you'll have to purchase separately.
hope this helps. Also for all you guys out not lucky enough to have such a kick ass head unit most head units with CD Changer connectability can use these functions to control the iPod through a converter. check out these sites i found after a quick search for more info.... may even look this way myself when i get my car.

http://www.carplayer.com/
http://www.bestbuy.com/olspage.jsp?id=p ... e=category
http://home.speedfactory.net/tcashin/ipodsony.htm
ANBU_fto
Mechanic

Post by ANBU_fto »

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!

ahahah the funniest thing happened to me today!!!!

as you would be awere that i have been looking at buying an ipod adaptor for my head unit.... i have been asking around and the pricings for this little thing went up to as much $200.oo!!!

so i thought to myself, im going to go back to where i bought the system and ask him to order me one from there, might as well since they are installing my system... so i got there saw the same guy who sold me the system, had our hellos, and then... "hey mate i still have something of yours, you didnt pick uo everything last time" i was wondering to myslef... "huh?" then he walks out with MY IPOD ADAPTOR!!! woo hoo!!! ahahah save myself another $200.oo!!!
...groOl...

08 Evolution X - White
97 Gpx Fto - Racing Red
testlabmonkey
Grease Monkey

Post by testlabmonkey »

damn.... lucky you went back.
ANBU_fto
Mechanic

Post by ANBU_fto »

kekeke

yea so happy i did... :twisted: