FTO22: Introduce/Friday night cruise(tonight)/Help needed!

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

fto22
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

FTO22: Introduce/Friday night cruise(tonight)/Help needed!

Post by fto22 »

Hi Guys & Girls,

It's Friday night, feels like to go for a drive. Garry's plan is tempting to me, but I dont' have a map...

Is there anyone else wanna hang out? We can have a little cruise to Surface Paradice (can't think of other place where shop open till late) and we can have coffee/bear/meal together?

Btw, I did catch the last leather seats order and I'm very worry about putting them by myself. Appriciate if anyone live in Brisbane can guide me through the installation (BBQ maybe ?) :D

Also that, I'm very keen to purchase a brand new headlight set from Panel House within the next week or two. Anyone else interest? Feel free to tag alone :)

I was going to get a set of 8000k HID kit from Tangcla, but he only got 6000K version left, and my headlight surface is beginning to "chip-off" bad these days. Have to spend it on headlight first. Oh dear~ I have no confident for replace the headlight by myself.

I think I really really need a copy of workshop CD. Please help me.

OOPS!

I forgot to introduce myself, ok my name is John. I got my FTO 3 years ago. I was the member of FTO QLD. Been to cruise once, we went to BBQ at a dam. Met a lot of nice people. I'm bad at memorising name, but I remember a silver FTO with a "tiger" in it (Thomas?), a silver FTO with awsome sound system mod at boot (indyFTO?) and a white FTO (Cam?) and our leader Chris ( I want sunroof too:( ). I was the only Taiwanese guy there, anyone remember me please say hi :o

My number plate is "FTO22", dont' be shy to gives a wave when you see me. hehe

Cheers

John Shen
Last edited by fto22 on Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
FTO22
fto22
Apprentice

Post by fto22 »

Just checked weather forecast, looks like it's still going to rain these days. Let pick another day for gather up then.
FTO22
indyfto
Grease Monkey

Post by indyfto »

How are you John! Long time no see. I remember you from way back :wink: The Qld member gatherings kind of dropped off a while ago. I have since sold my FTO but I am always keen to join any gatherings that are happening. I'm sure I've seen your FTO around a couple of times but never with you driving it?! Chris has relocated to Tasmania, Thomas still doesn't get online much and spends a lot of time OS and Cam is still hanging around somewhere.
fto22
Apprentice

Post by fto22 »

O M G 8O YOU SOLD YOUR FTO !!!

I dont' believe it... So what car do you drive now? A Ferrari?

And I've never let others drive my FTO, are you sure it my car? Maybe everytime you spotted me, my car was in repair/repaint/service or something ... lol

I guess the reason why FTO owner are getting a bit lazzy to involve with cruise or any kind of organise gathering is that,

a. Everybody are too busy repairing their FTO
b. Have a life/study/carrier going on
c. My FTO has few problem so annoying that I don't enjoy to drive anymore, and I dont' have to go to cruise until I fix them.
d. Not much periodical gathering organised
e. Cruise destination are too far away, otherwise I'll up for a coffee or dine out or even go to movies.
f. Forum is slow, sometime just too impatient to browse and catching up what's everybody up to.
g. All of the above

Personally, g is the answer (for me). After ownning the car for 3 years, the magic has fade. But, I think my time has came, I would like to re-unite that excitment I used to have with the car.

However, it's certainly not the case that all Queensland FTO drivers has been kidnap by Alien! They are still out there somewhere. I think it would be easier that we add QLD owner to MSN list, people get online everyday. It much easier to communicate and faster.

Btw, I still have Thomas & Cam's mobile number, if we are going out sometime next week/weekend, we should give them a call. I'm sure if we try and keep trying. Everybody will get back to the FTO parade :D
(a dozen of FTO line up in the highway, man.... I miss the old time)
FTO22
HiRAEdd
Mechanic

Post by HiRAEdd »

fto22 wrote:O M G 8O YOU SOLD YOUR FTO !!!

I dont' believe it... So what car do you drive now? A Ferrari?
indy drives a Beamer now *gives a little Ernie laugh*

I'll organise another cruise probably in the new year if no one beats me to it.
Theremin
Grease Monkey

Post by Theremin »

John - I was in the red one in front that you were trying to keep up with :lol:

cam.
Breza
Mechanic

Post by Breza »

Hey All,

Even though there is sooooooo much going on in the Tassie forum I still keep an eye on the QLD forum to see if I can spot any of the "old" faces. :-)

Chris
Greggles
Apprentice

Late reply to the cruise idea...

Post by Greggles »

We should organise a casual cruise for Friday 25/11.

Just meet up in Broadbeach or something and take it from there. I occasionally drive out to the sticks (Harbour Town) and I've seen a couple of beastly FTO's residing there. One in particular - black with vs front bumper and a gt wing.

Anyways, if you see a stocko silver FTO with blue mesh and matching windscreen wipers feel free to beep me and I'll happily bash the broken button thats sposed to trigger my horn in return. :)

My msn is blue_fire_08@hotmail.com and I'm on very sporadically, so feel free to msg me or post here and see if we can't organise an evening or two.

~~Greg~~
robsta
Veteran Mechanic

Post by robsta »

i'll be up for a night down the coast next weekend it'll be good to get out of the house for a change on friday nights.

on another note, i'll be cruising morayfield road(in morayfield) tonight if anyone wants to come up and check out my very stock fto. i'll be out around 8 :)
fto22
Apprentice

Post by fto22 »

I am taking summer course, mid-term exam and assignment :(
I'll try get my study more organise and try attend future cruise guys~
FTO22