P-Plater GPX restrictions

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

a__s__c
jedwabna poszewka promocja

P-Plater GPX restrictions

Post by a__s__c »

hey all

Just wondering did anyone know for sure if the FTO GPX was ok to drive on VIC roads with a probationairy license(power to weight ratio)? because i have i have seen a few p platers with GPX's, and its not listed on the restricted cars however i think that its over the allowed power to weight ratio?

Thanksss
thecook
Mechanic

Post by thecook »

not too sure, i never got done for it while i was on my P's...
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Well i've seen heaps of P plated with FTO, in fact there are lots of them here too.

If its not on the list then theres no way you be in trouble for the power/weight restriction.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

just put a few bricks etc in the boot... then if u get pulled over the power to weight ratio is less :D
rnbboi
Mechanic

Post by rnbboi »

i drive a GPX and im on my P's.

havent been pulled ova by anyone yet - altho im embracing for this everytime i see a coppa at the lights lol

when i went to vicroads, i didnt notice that the FTO was on the 'black list', so it should be fine

however in saying that:

as long as u dont have ridiculous mods/loud music/indicate when turning etc etc, u should be okz (applies for when coppas and urban areas 'only' :twisted:)

nearly forgot - make sure u dont hit mivec when coppas are around - especially when u got an aftermarket exhausts etc etc - cos i can almost guarantee u u'll get nailed for it :wink:
mell
Grease Monkey

Post by mell »

theonly reason we(p platers)
dont get pulled over is cos the cops dont know what the car is
lol....

ive been pulled over bout 5 times n they all said
what kinda car this is

once pulled up to traffic lights with full car...music blarring next to cop car

1 min up road pulled me over

told me it was disrespectful to play such loud music next to em.
chick tried to get all up in my face about it...

then started asking me what kinda car it was and is the insurance pricy..lol :lol:

they have no clue
Mell
thecook
Mechanic

Post by thecook »

yeh cops are like that, not like they can talk about whats respectful and whats not, had a highway patrol cop car pull me over, started giving me sh*t about driving around in an import, not getting it complianced 8O 8O the cop that pulled me over even asked me how many kw the fto had? since i never dynoed my car and theres no law that says i have to, i told him it was about 80kw :P:P, then he told me that i have to dyno it and tell vicroads... WTF?!

o yea, bit off topic, about cops and respect, i was walking to work (in city), i park the car across the road from my work, as i was leaving the carpark to walk to work some cops were walking past with a dog, dog just sniffs me for a few seconds then goes away... before i knew it i had like 5-6 cops following me, they grabbed me and took me to an ally... WTF!?!?!??!!??!!?
they asked if i had drugs on me and they didnt believe me... i told em i was goin to work and yeh... they were very very rude and smart to me, i was even giving them full co operation... talk about disrepect! every one that was walking past started staring at me, giving me the dirty look... :evil:
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Yeah thats one reason why i keep my car look "stocky", & the noise low as possible. :D

As i said before, is the way you talk to them, don't show fear & let them know that you do know your law/rights, & act & say things like "they are only doing their job" in a nice way of course. I know it sounds lame, but i deal with lots of cops before (not for any crimial reason :wink: ), & most are nice to you if you do what i mention above.

Don't forget to address & ask them questions with their name (from their name tag if they are uniform). In that way they know you are switch on & not your average "bo so"
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
mell
Grease Monkey

Post by mell »

thats the only reason y they pull us over...cos they think we're drug dealers..

gee wats that p-plater drivin some import for...

yup definatly drugy..lol
Mell
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

the FTO GPX is just under the power to weight restrictions and no they havent pulled me over becuz they thought i was a dealer , they just thought i was a muzz from Donny :P :lol:
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

FTOluv wrote:the FTO GPX is just under the power to weight restrictions and no they havent pulled me over becuz they thought i was a dealer , they just thought i was a muzz from Donny :P :lol:
Stupid cops, always making mistakes... you are from Box Hill :wink:
LED ALL the things.
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

Stupid cops, always making mistakes... you are from Box Hill
Nice call there James, got me with that one :P
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

seriously power to weight is hardly ever enforced in vic.