which is better kenwood or alpine MP3 player

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

joey
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

which is better kenwood or alpine MP3 player

Post by joey »

hey guy

i'm looking to buy a new head unit for my car but i can't make up my mine which one is good
i'm currently looking at the new kenwood XXV-01D
or a alpine CDA-9855R

any sugestion ??? :D
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Well after changing so many head units just in the FTO, i have to say the Alpine had won me over. Its got the best clarity out of all the brand i've used in the FTO, thats including Clarion, Kenwood, VDO, & Pioneer.

Do keep in mind the speakers & amp will also determine how well the overall sound quality as well.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
testlabmonkey
Grease Monkey

Post by testlabmonkey »

mmmmm Alpine for sure.... never really had high opinion of the kenwood decks.
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

I would go the Alpine over the Kenwood as well.
joey
Apprentice

Post by joey »

yeah alpine is good but it to bloody expensive
have you seen kenwood new amps this year they are cheap and very powerful
ahew
Grease Monkey

Post by ahew »

don't look at the cost as much, as if you spend what you believe is VALUE for money on a head unit that you like then that's all that matters. just get one that you feel will last you as I've had my head unit for about 5 years now (second generation JVC Kameleon) and i still think it's great. sure it doesn't have mp3 like all the new HU's these days, but i loved the security feature and outputs on it so that's why i got mine. so look at it in this way instead.
joey
Apprentice

Post by joey »

the unit which on my car right now is a kenwood old school KDC-PS911R
8 volt preout mask unit bascially you can find any 8 volt unit around any more but i need to get a up grade now
akuma3
Oldtimer

Post by akuma3 »

just wondering if compare a kenwood decker & alpine decker can you really hear the differents?
ahew
Grease Monkey

Post by ahew »

depends on you really. if you can hear the difference and you like the sound of one over the other then go for it if you think it's worth it! if you can't tell the difference, then it's a matter of choice between form, function and price. does it look good? does it fit with what you require (theft protection/outputs/inputs/level control.. blah blah)? is it worth the money?

same thing can be said for speaker cabling, rca's, power/ground cables, gold terminals, battery, capacitor, etc. they all make a difference but whether you think you can hear the benefits or not is a totally different thing. is it marketing hype/gimmicks or are they genuinely worth it?

audition first then make the decision. nothing worse than spending a couple of hundred bucks more on something that you can't distinguish any difference from. in that case it would be better to spend the money on another part of the system that you feel would give you the best sound/look possible for you (speakers, amp, sub... goes on and on).