Lee is the man

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

khunjeng
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Lee is the man

Post by khunjeng »

I had my tappets fixed by Lee this week and all I can say is he is the man...I was very impressed with him and now understand why FTO338 highly recommends him - and why he got his sprey job so cheap :P

He does a great job, low cost - high quality...very honest and knows the FTO very well..

Don't bother with anyone else..make the trip to springvale and get it done properly.

(His family is great also..)
mxysxy
Oldtimer

Post by mxysxy »

How much $$$ for tappets?
FTO338
Oldtimer

Re: Lee is the man

Post by FTO338 »

khunjeng wrote:why FTO338 highly recommends him - and why he got his sprey job so cheap :P
So you the one been talking behind my back hey :lol: Just remember I get the news real quick :twisted:
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

mxysxy wrote:How much $$$ for tappets?
$320 Including oil and mine were pretty bad...good price considering its basically labour...for an expert like him this would be easy money.

FT0388 : Yeah I chatted with him for a while about stuff and you came up a few times....after all your the FTO freak. :P

He knew his stuff...puts others to shame...

whoever has the blue FTO waiting for extractors...looks like your wait is over he had them in his hand while I was there wrapping them in insulation..
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Hmmm blue FTO hey, i think that could be Josh (aka eftoh).

Ohhh there’s a different between passionate & freak :wink:
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
sxcfto
Mechanic

Post by sxcfto »

mmmm sounds like we have an expert FTO mechanic ... if so where is he and how do I find him .... Im guessing I have either almost stripped a few gears or my clutch is on it's way out either way helppppppppppppp is going to be needed very soon !
8O
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

heya sxcfto

Actually I was sitting having a coffee in Essendon last week and saw your red machine drive past....

Lee is FTO338's recomendation which I fully support : call him on 0414738781 and tell him you got the number from this site...esp. tell him Chris with the black FTO said that I thought he was bored and needed the work :P lol he's a busy man.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Hey Toni, last time i check, I think he still got one heavy duty clutch for FTO, which is the same one that he got for Mikey's turbo setup. So if it can handle mikey's, I'm sure is more then sufficient for a N/A.
WildRide
Grease Monkey

Post by WildRide »

I was supposed to have Lee doing some work this Friday, but I've had to reshcedule.

Good to hear the rave reviews.
I hope he "likes" working on the FTO's because it sounds like he's going to get a few of them :wink:

WR
scarecrow
Veteran Mechanic

Post by scarecrow »

Ok, so who's Lee and where's he located? Me wanty tappet fix!
[img]http://members.iinet.net.au/~viper39/carbw.jpg[/img]
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

I knew Lee since high school as his brother went to the same school. He has been servicing all my cars ever since I got my first car, which is more then 10yrs ago now. He is located in Springvale at the moment. He just recently sold his business to one of the junior mechanic, & now his just work from home & as a mobile mechanic.

Lee previously does compliance for imports like FTO, Skyline, Silvia, Soarer....etc. He had also own numerous imports as well.

I have to say my FTO was the “Ginny Pigâ€
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

ya Lee knows his stuff..I have talked to a fair few ppl about this car since I bought it and he is the only person that knows whats going on...great guy too..the evidence is the sound of my engine (or should I say lack of sound)
rnbboi
Mechanic

Post by rnbboi »

just wondering if Lee knows how to hook up some electronic stuff as well?

like: Apexi rsm, gauges etc etc?

if he does, that'll b awesome :wink:
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Boost, water/oil gauges yes, but not those Apexi digital one.

If you want your Apexi RSM stuff installed, give Daniel from Options a call, he installed my RSM & SAFC (Craig tuned it), & also he did my full Alpine sound system & alarms.

He use to be one of those real car nuts back then, he got his old cars featured in Autosalon & Hot 4 mag, & this when car modification was just started as the "big thing" 6-7 yrs ago. Just like Lee, this guy know his stuff, i've got few pictures below to show what sort of work he done to his own cars, remember they are like 6-7 yrs old, but still pretty hot today.

This one was his pride & joy which featured in different mags

From memory this Supra does around 500hp

Options (Daniel) 0412 999 933
efteoh
Grease Monkey

Post by efteoh »

khunjeng wrote:whoever has the blue FTO waiting for extractors...looks like your wait is over he had them in his hand while I was there wrapping them in insulation..
i just called him from shanghai, he says i should be ready tomorrow (friday).

its been a long wait for me :D
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

yeah we had a chat about it...I was gonna take your centre console.. :P
efteoh
Grease Monkey

Post by efteoh »

khunjeng wrote:yeah we had a chat about it...I was gonna take your centre console.. :P
haha, i was gonig to take shue's seat when his was there :lol:
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

let me know how you gopt with the extractors...

hey another question - whats the rest of your exhaust system - did you get new hi-flo cat - muffler - tail pipe??
efteoh
Grease Monkey

Post by efteoh »

khunjeng wrote:let me know how you gopt with the extractors...

hey another question - whats the rest of your exhaust system - did you get new hi-flo cat - muffler - tail pipe??

got them. i luuuuuuv the extractors!! the best mod you can do on the fto. made a noticible difference. it pulls much easier. i got the hi flo cat, ended up keeping the 2 stock resonators and got a new muffler. looks compleatly stock from the out side. and sounds really mad when it hits mivec.

looking at getting a safc2 or emanage, it will pretty much finish the mods. and i wont have to modify the FTO again.....
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

efteoh wrote:it will pretty much finish the mods. and i wont have to modify the FTO again.....
Yes our famous last words..... :lol: But time & time again we just keep breaking them ahhahaha