6x9 Kenwood Speakers

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

a__s__c
jedwabna poszewka promocja

6x9 Kenwood Speakers

Post by a__s__c »

Hey, I just went out and bought some 350W (70W), rear Kenwood speakers, i decided to plug them to test them to make sure they work before i remove the back seat. When I put some music on they sounded terrible!, just sounded like terrible with no bass at all, the stock ones and heaps of bass. Now this may seem silly question lol, but are they going to have more of a bass sound when i put them in the old speaker slots? because it may have been that i just had them sitting in the boot so they sounded crap? or am i going to need an amp to feel some some bass at all?!

Thanks for any help
ahew
Grease Monkey

Post by ahew »

is this with the stock deck? if so then they may not be powering the speakers properly and i'm afraid to say it but you'll need to spend more money on getting a decent deck.

if you haven't already, try reversing the polarity of the cabling around. this may solve it but I still reckon that the speakers are way underpowered.
a__s__c

Post by a__s__c »

The deck isnt stock, its a JVC 50w x 4, but yeh imight have to buy an amp? or borrow one and see
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

Were you holding the speakers in your hand? If so I think your hand would be absorbing a lot of the vibrations from the speaker and making it sound crap.
LED ALL the things.
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

and the enclosed cabin of the car adds to it to, if youd knock out your rear window your stockies would sound crap too... ive still got my stockies in as well as sony xplod 6x9s.... great bass dont need a sub!

rear speakers r a bitch to get in too... awkward place to screw the rear of the speakers in... i just gave up and riveted them from the boot :D