Gearshift surround on ebay

Private Sales Only - No Traders Allowed!
Please Post:
* Picture if possible
* Details
* Price
* State

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Supplanter
Forum Moderator
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Gearshift surround on ebay

Post by Supplanter »

ricerocket (from FTOOC) is selling it (buy it now) for about $173 plus postage.

I know a lot of people want one.

Here it is clicky clicky
LED ALL the things.
scarecrow
Veteran Mechanic

Post by scarecrow »

sh*t.

I want.

So badly.

But 180 dollar badly? I'm not sure yet.
[img]http://members.iinet.net.au/~viper39/carbw.jpg[/img]
thecook
Mechanic

Post by thecook »

nah not worth it
scarecrow
Veteran Mechanic

Post by scarecrow »

You haven't seen my surround =) It's very almost worth it.
[img]http://members.iinet.net.au/~viper39/carbw.jpg[/img]
tarkus
Mechanic

Post by tarkus »

has anyone tried to repair the gear surround? If you have let us know how successful it was.

If someone in the eastern suburbs of melbourne has a broken on I could have a look at a repair.

I may not be good looking, but I'm handy (well my middle name is andy)

any takers?

Tarkus
Money can't buy happiness, but it can help you look for it quicker, in a convertible.
dstocks
National Vice President

Repair

Post by dstocks »

Ive had a go at a repair. Didnt turn out too bad (mine was broken in 3 places).

Used Auto putty and a hot knife, but in hindsight, would have had a shot with a fibreglass repair kit. The one I had a play with was a little more damaged than most as one of the previous owners decided it was easier to cut out the inner bevel rather than fitting their stereo properly. This made the width on each side about 1cm rather than 2cm. used the hot knife to re-join the components and autoputty to fill and remould the bevel.

Unlike most plastics these days though was surprised that the console plastic does actually melt (unlike some plastics which just tend to burn).
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    khunjeng
    Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

hey i searched for it but couldn't find it...dunno what the hell is wrong...unless its sold already?
    henryhing

Post by henryhing »

khunjeng wrote:hey i searched for it but couldn't find it...dunno what the hell is wrong...unless its sold already?
    i saw a perfect one if u guys want it.. it includes the centre vents with the volt meter n clock. around 180 to 200 aus dollars. saw it from a wreckers. i can help u guys to get it coz my mom will be going back to perth in january from malaysia.. i could ask her to bring it over there if u guys really need it. no charge..
    anyway i suggest not to waste the money getting it as i manage to get mine fixed perfectly. just get a small can of fibre glass n a piece of sand paper(dry n wet ones-1500). dats all u need to repair it. as for styling u could either spray paint it or just get it wrap with a cloth or leather of your favourite colour. as for me i got it wrapped up with thin black leather. but saw some of my mates which wrap theirs with those recaro type of cloth material n it looks awesome. wont cost more than 30 dollars..
    hope this info is usefull.
    cheers