NEW ADELAIDIENS!

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

EXC
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

NEW ADELAIDIENS!

Post by EXC »

any new people from adelaide sign up to this forum please write in here so I am aware that theres some people out there.

ITS DAMN LONELY OUT HERE! :!:
G1
Mechanic

Post by G1 »

well when i was in adelaide about 2 years ago i didnt see a single FTO. you must be the first! :lol:

i saw some 180sx and skylines though
EXC
Apprentice

Post by EXC »

skylines are as common as commodores down here.
180sx's and silvia's come in thousands.
FTO's unfortunately not many at all!
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

Im a ex-adelaidian.... i'll probably be cruising down there late this year when I get some hols... :o

mines a black gpx - what you got?

T
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

i believe she's got a red turbo'd GPX (tiptronic) with Veilside kit and white 18" rims...
EXC
Apprentice

Post by EXC »

yeah thats right.
are you gonna bring your car down with you?

COME ON PEOPLE! I KNOW THERES HARDLY ANY HERE BUT I WANT TO MEET ATLEAST SOMEONE WITH ONE!
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

Sure will - gotta teach my folks back home what a REAL car is...... I'll post on this site when I head down. . . . . prob be Sep/Oct.
(Hopefully I'll have the bodykit somewhat near done by then..)

You North (Gawler way) - central - or south (Christies way)???? :)
EXC
Apprentice

Post by EXC »

yeah just in adelaide central it is but you'll have eto come cruise with us.

I met a guy on friday night he has a 94 GPX custom Gold paint job, veilside bodykit, dunno what type exhaust looks roughly 3", bucket seats and subs thats it for rnow though oh and a new airfilter. But anwyay met him friday night we ended up spending the whole long weekend together. I also know one other lady with a midnight blue 95 GPX which has a "turismo" bodykit, its a dealer kit.

But thats al I got in Adelaide, as I said not many FTO owners here.
Cohn
Grease Monkey

heres one

Post by Cohn »

hmmm i just bought a black GPX from a girl in adelaide.... Her number plate was "BABY J"

Ever seen that one???
EXC
Apprentice

Post by EXC »

Yes I have seen Baby J a guy I know here in adelaide has talked to her before, me and him parked our FTO's on melbourne street th other day walked ot get some food and saw her plates now on a silver FTO????

Whats the chances of getting a bunch of FTO's together for some photos down here in adelaide sometime soon?
EXC
Apprentice

Post by EXC »

so whats your car like at the moment done anything to it?
got a kit or mags or even better yet perfomance mods?
Cohn
Grease Monkey

Post by Cohn »

Hey EXC, you own the turbo'd FTO correct?

That is crazy actually, i wonder how baby j plates would have gotten onto another FTO??? maybe it's someone trying to copy Jasmine (she's the original owner)... Because i met up with her in Sydney last night.

Anyways... Mods Mods Mods... Hmm...

I suppose all i've done so far is just replaced the wheels (she had chrome's which were stolen and replaced with retreads--- THERE IS NO WAY I COULD LEAVE THE CAR LIKE THAT!!!)

So i've put on 18x7.5's which look great in my opinion... However, i think that it needs to be lowered a tiny tiny tiny bit...

Changed the Airfilter to a HKS superflow (green hairnet)
Changed the Stereo to Pioneer...

Otherwise not much else yet ALTHOUGH...

1. i am close to ordering some dials from Japan (see my website below)
2. wouldn't mind a modified front lip...
3. want to "Leatherize" the interior
4. clear side indicators...

This will all come in good time i suppose... however atm, not working enough :P , which is good in a way,...

Anyways... Here's the Website of the Car... (and some pics of the future dials)

http://cohnfto.1colony.com
EXC
Apprentice

Post by EXC »

well the new BabyJ FTO is silver, completely stock accept for veilside front bar only.
twistea
Grease Monkey

Post by twistea »

hey there peoples,
just thought i'd let you know i'm a recent FTO owner in adelaide. ive had my 96 GR for about 2 months now.

so... how many of us are there in adelaide??
Daz_FTO
Grease Monkey

Post by Daz_FTO »

Finally some South Aussies!!! I have seen a few FTO's around Adelaide (4 or 5) I have myself a grey '95 GR. I would be keen to go for a bit of a cruise from time to time.
Daz_FTO
Grease Monkey

Post by Daz_FTO »

Oh, just wondering if you Adelaidians would like to supply an email address or something to try and get in contact... I live in the north eastern suburbs - but as most of you already know - takes no time to get many places with these things. Just wondering if any of you have a black FTO and heads up North East road at all. I was drivin home from the city one night (damn bus strike!) and we (myself and the black FTO owner) played a bit of duck and weave through the traffic.

I also was wondering where are the decent cruising sports I moved to adealide from brisbane and it was a common thing to go to the local cruising strips.

Email me!!! If you can Cc the email to crimsonchicken@iprimus.com.au as sometimes the ol hotmail account blocks things...

Cheers
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

Cohn wrote: 1. i am close to ordering some dials from Japan (see my website below)
I love the dials... how much are a set and what company are you getting them from?

Oh yeah, and do they come in auto?
LED ALL the things.
twistea
Grease Monkey

Post by twistea »

heya Daz_FTO...
you have mail.

if you want to go on a cruise just head towards the adelaide hills. theres heaps of nice roads all through there. one of the more popular ones is gorge rd.
Daz_FTO
Grease Monkey

Post by Daz_FTO »

I got the mail, looking forward to a run through the hills. Going to go for a spin around the city tonight, so if anyone is out and sees a grey FTO, thats just me...give us a shout.

I want those dials too!! they look cool. Think we could get a bulk buy discount??

Daz.
EXC
Apprentice

Post by EXC »

sorry guys i posted this thread and then forgot my password to fto australia haha

i own the FLYGIRL fto