installing 6x9s in rear speaker slots

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

fto_gurl
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

installing 6x9s in rear speaker slots

Post by fto_gurl »

Hi Guys,

Is there a special way to install 6x9s in your rear speaker slots... wel the question i.. how do i get the stock ones out to put the new ones in?? Can the back seats be removed or anything??

Cheers!!
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

frozenwaffles
Grease Monkey

Post by frozenwaffles »

hi fto gurl, its really easy. if you need i hand i can hgelp you as i am in noosa at the moment for the next few days...
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

hey its pretty easy if you follow that guide. I have my rears speakers out this weekend...takes all of 10min...Thing to note that I think the guide does not...is that if there are screws in the back half of the speaker you will need a small screwdriver to get them out/in. I have a socket type screwdriver that is at right angles so it makes those jobs easy..you can buy one of this screwdriver kits for like $10.
GoldFTO
Grease Monkey

Post by GoldFTO »

OOO wicked thanks guy's because i was going to ask because i was wondering how to do it but its ok now because i have had the back seats out before so it will be easy..thank guys!!!

here come the new KENWOOD speakers..:)
GoldFTO
Grease Monkey

Post by GoldFTO »

hey,
can someone please help me i took my old speakers out to my my new 350W 6x9 in and when i have gone to put my parcel shelf cover thing back on i dont know where these 2 metal round things go???

they are exactly the same but i dont know where they came from because i was doing it in the dark because i was bord:( (bad idea)

but apart from these 2 metal round cylinder things everything went perfect..please can someone help me!!!
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

I'm confused..which metal round things??? There are only 2-4 screws holding the parcel shelf in (infact 2 is sufficient...these are located at the front...?
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Metal round things would be the child restraint anchors....
BuCkEt
Oldtimer

Post by BuCkEt »

Gotta love the way they decide to just jam them into the speaker slots. :roll:
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

Bennoz wrote:Metal round things would be the child restraint anchors....
Arh the things I took off! :P thats why i don't have them
fto_gurl
Apprentice

Post by fto_gurl »

Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies haven't checked this for a while.. Still in pieces will have to try and find one of them socket sets... Where do you get them? A hardware store or something?? I do have screws in the back and have been battling with them since I posted this topic... My stock ones sound awful and i just want my new ones in.. (damn it)!! Yea I noticed that mitsi just kind shoved them and and screwed straight through the parcel shelf...
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

You'll be able to get a cheapo socket set from any Auto bits shop like Autobarn or Auto One etc...

I say cheap - cause your top of the line Snap-on ones can cost an absolute bomb!

Those child restraint anchors are put in by compliance shops when the cars are imported here. It is illegal to remove them...

Despite the fact that most of us remove them anyway
robsta
Veteran Mechanic

Post by robsta »

Bennoz wrote:Those child restraint anchors are put in by compliance shops when the cars are imported here. It is illegal to remove them...

Despite the fact that most of us remove them anyway
Haha I threw mine out cause they gave me the ****s when I was trying to do mine. They are now located along the Bruce Highway near a 110km/h sign hehehe.
Also how the hell are you supposed to get a child seat in the back anyway? by the time you struggle to get it in you could already be where you were going....
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

robsta wrote:Haha I threw mine out cause they gave me the ****s when I was trying to do mine. They are now located along the Bruce Highway near a 110km/h sign hehehe.
Also how the hell are you supposed to get a child seat in the back anyway? by the time you struggle to get it in you could already be where you were going....
LOL

And who wants a kid crapping all over leather seats too!!

Into mums grocery getter you go son :lol:
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Bennoz wrote: LOL
Into mums grocery getter you go son :lol:
LOL O.C won't be too please with this comment.... :lol:
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
GoldFTO
Grease Monkey

Post by GoldFTO »

So if i dont put them 2 metal round things back in it shouldn't vibrate should it???

Because right now my shelf and everything is back in except the back seat so i need to know quick so i can put the seat back in..:)

Yeah but the thing i dont get is why they put 2 baby seat holders in you only need 1 for it to be legal in australia!!!
kid_dynamite
Veteran Mechanic

Post by kid_dynamite »

Actually GoldFTO you're supposed to have a restraint mounting point for each rear seat...
GoldFTO
Grease Monkey

Post by GoldFTO »

OOO ok i never new that but that doesnt help my problem..LOL

should i put them 2 metal things back in or leave them out...all i need to know is if i leave them out will it vibrate???
robsta
Veteran Mechanic

Post by robsta »

mine seems to vibrate a bit more then before i replaced the stock speakers. but that could be because i have 2 12s in the boot now aswell.
GoldFTO
Grease Monkey

Post by GoldFTO »

yeah well i think i may pull my parcel shelve out tommorow and put them metal things back in because next week i will have my 2 12inch kenwood woofers in there so i think i better just put them metal things back in so i know it has less chance to rattle!!!

because i have like 2 800watt subs going in ran by a 1000watt amp..:)

and my 350 watt 6x9 are ran by a 300watt amp..:)

so i think i better put them metals things in for more support..thanks guys