Custom Car Audio Enclosure...

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

NorthQLDFTO
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Custom Car Audio Enclosure...

Post by NorthQLDFTO »

:?: Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on this for me...

I am planning quite an extensive audio installation in my FTO (I have 2 mates who work as installers doing the job for me on the side :D )

I don't want to give up to much info because I want it to be original BUT, I want to continue the centre console through the front seats and up the rear seat area to form a central custom subwoofer mounting point... I will not be touching the seatbelts or anything like that, just wondering if this would cause legal problems... The FTO is listed as a 4 seater so I can't see why it would, the centre of the rear bench is never used anyway...

Any thoughts on this???
If I Had A Dollar For Every Time Someone Said "If I Had A Dollar For Every Time Someone Said <...>" Well... Then... I'd... Have A Dollar For Every Time Somone Said "If I Had A Dollar For Every Time Someone Said <...>"!!!
scarecrow
Veteran Mechanic

Post by scarecrow »

Sound's legit to me, you really may as well do away with the rear seats altogether and mount two massive-f**k-off 15 inchers flush where the seats were, then use part of the boot as the enclosure.

Go on. Do it :P

Nah sounds good mate. But bear in mind if you do as you're planning and want to carry two passengers both the front passenger and driver will have to get out and flop their seats forward as the console part will be dividing both sides of the car.
[img]http://members.iinet.net.au/~viper39/carbw.jpg[/img]
NorthQLDFTO
Grease Monkey

Post by NorthQLDFTO »

:lol: Yeah I know... It's a sacrifice I'm willing to make! I want to try to retain as much of the cars useability while at the same time modifiying it as much as possible...

I want to get two 12 inch subs mounted vertically inbetween the passenger positions... Hee hee... Maybe the back seat problem won't be an issue... Don't know how many people will want to sit back! :P
If I Had A Dollar For Every Time Someone Said "If I Had A Dollar For Every Time Someone Said <...>" Well... Then... I'd... Have A Dollar For Every Time Somone Said "If I Had A Dollar For Every Time Someone Said <...>"!!!
NorthQLDFTO
Grease Monkey

Post by NorthQLDFTO »

:? BUT... Just out of curiosity... What are the legal ramifications of removing the rear seats completely & using the whole rear area for audio gear??? :twisted:

:D Damn you Scarecrow!!! Damn you to hell!!!
EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

i wouldnt imagine any? as long as people are not sitting in there haha
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

sounds like my setup. 2x 12's sitting flush behind the back seat. and they fill the space too (4x15cm ports help)but i've put them back a little with enough room to put the seats in for daily driving (And so no-one with light fingers gets any ideas) but take the seats out for comps. I do feel sorry for anyone wanting to sit there anyway. before the amp went (not enough Voltage) on minimum gain and bass settings with the volume on 50% the air from the port would blow my gfs hair over her face in the front seat... that was fun... cant wait to get this new battery and turn it up.... but for 12's they look massive (mind you they are close to 30kg ea.)... i'll take a pic when i get the amp back from repairs to give you an idea of what they look like. thats an awesome idea.. sorta like an RX8? would look f**kin hot. i want pics....

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.