Mitsubishi FTO TURBO news

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

GPXXX
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by GPXXX »

like they say - no pain, no gain! :D
Mitsiman
Approved FTO Australia Trader

Post by Mitsiman »

The garage is sending us back some pipe work now and once we get that we will begin manafacturing the pipes, rececheck them on one car first just in case and then from there start putting some kits together. Pricing will come once we make the first set of pipes.

The car had so much potential with more tuning to follow. sad to hear how it all had problems at the end but I am sure the customer will get the car back up and runnnig again.
markyboy
Apprentice

turbo

Post by markyboy »

yip he was very happy with the performance he was getting nd was what he was hoping for.With a bit more mapping it should be ery promising... :lol:
ellusion
Grease Monkey

Post by ellusion »

can't wait till its all complete :)
FTOLeo

Post by FTOLeo »

*drooooool*

would this turbo kit be available to nz buyers? :lol:

I been following this topic for ages. cant wait till get all the details.
Mitsiman

Post by Mitsiman »

It will be made available world wide so no problems there.
ellusion
Grease Monkey

Post by ellusion »

Any more updates?? :)
Mitsiman

Post by Mitsiman »

With christmas, holidays etc we have set a date of the end of January as a release date for the kits.

Pricing will not be finalised until after xmas sorry.
salacious
Grease Monkey

Post by salacious »

The last I heard Ashley's car was in the body shop and he was getting replacement bumpers fitted. Hopefully when this and the oil return problem is fixed we'll get to know the power output from the kit.

Brian
FTOLeo

Post by FTOLeo »

hopefully by the time the kit comes out the nz$ will rise. lol

Until then i gotta think of a way to insure my car after the kit is in. Btw the standard of fto mods in nz is terrible, if some of you guys came here you'd want to beat up some of the fto owners for what they have done to their fto's.

Eg some guy left his standard spoiler and then put a rear T wing on top of it, the wing is like 30cm highter than the roof of the car and then he put white racing strips down the middle of his blue fto, everything else on his car is completely standard. lol
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

geeze thats shocking, but we dont have to beat u guys up, that happened last sat in the rugby :P
scracy
Grease Monkey

turbo fto

Post by scracy »

Cant see how a leak in the turbo oil drain would cause the turbo to blow up? Unless the leak caused the whole engine to be starved of oil? I think maybe you meant the turbo oil feed? My turbo (t25 at the time) was starved of oil (due to a well known hydraulic companies incompetence!) it lasted about 8 km before it um self destructed. At 7psi set up properly i would expect an output of around 135kw at the wheels with a t28bb. Iam running a simular set up (t28bb, hks aic, hks fcd, hks evc) and thats the figure im getting. Speaking from experience this set up should be vey streetable, would expect 1/4 mile times of low to mid 14s :lol:
MarkFTO
Apprentice

Post by MarkFTO »

I was out in Ashleys car the day the turbo conversion was completed. It was a lovely power delivery very smooth from 2500rpm right up to the redline. Felt very much like a factory engine, still drove easily but when he planted his right foot the car shot off. Id say it felt like a good 30-40% power increase! It was running a nice safe and rich map at the time too so id say there is much room for imrovement too!

//\\//\\ark
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

has it done a power run yet ?? i tihnk thats the thing on everyones mind !! the power results !
dan_vegas

Post by dan_vegas »

I think Ashley who owns this car has now got it back on the road !
No signs of a dyno chart yet though, fingers crossed it will be soon.

QUOTE:
I have been driving the car all over Christmas, hence why I have not been on here...

I have done nearly 2,000 miles since the conversion and it is all running well.

I had a good run against one of my mates supra from a rolling start at about 40mph up to 120mph... to be honest not much in it at all....

The Garage still have not sent me the finished pipe work yet, which I am not too impressed with.

Pictures will be up loaded this week
Black_FTOGPX
Mechanic

Post by Black_FTOGPX »

I'm starting to get very worried!!!

The seems to be a lot of talk about how the RPW turbo kit is only for GR's.

:!:

Here is a quote from www.ftooc.org
The RPW kit is for the GR only, well all non-MIVEC V6 (NIVEC). Hopefully a MIVEC kit will appear in future.

I really think we should check this out.
MarkFTO
Apprentice

Post by MarkFTO »

Black_FTOGPX wrote:I'm starting to get very worried!!!

The seems to be a lot of talk about how the RPW turbo kit is only for GR's.

:!:

Here is a quote from www.ftooc.org
The RPW kit is for the GR only, well all non-MIVEC V6 (NIVEC). Hopefully a MIVEC kit will appear in future.

I really think we should check this out.
Yup the RPW turbo kit is only for GR's. I believe the GPX kit is still quite a way off.

//\\//\\ark
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

lol they must be going for a niche market
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

i think they just CBF'd bothering with the complexity of the MIVEC system hence they only designed it for the GRs... but on the website I thought they had mentioned the kit was for GPXs?? maybe it's out of date... :roll:
MarkFTO
Apprentice

Post by MarkFTO »

GPXXX wrote:i think they just CBF'd bothering with the complexity of the MIVEC system hence they only designed it for the GRs... but on the website I thought they had mentioned the kit was for GPXs?? maybe it's out of date... :roll:
Im friends with Marc at The Garage in Scotland, they are the UK dealer for all the RPW stuff. We were talking about this a few weeks ago and he said he hadn't heard of any plans on a GPX kit. After seeing the work he had to do to get the GR kit to fit then i don't know if he would be too keen either!

//\\//\\ark