Boot Install

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Greggles
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Boot Install

Post by Greggles »

Heylo boys and girls,

Courtesy of the people I paid to do my install, their dodgy work has left me with a sub box that likes to go for walks around my boot. They also thought it'd be funny to screw my amp into the moulded foam at the rear of my backseat. As you can imagine, foam is not the strongest material to screw a solid amp into, so it now lays on my boot floor. Dodgy ASCII diagram:

Boot from a top-down view>

Backseat/Rear Wall of Boot
===================
| ^AMP SCREWED HERE^ |
|SUB SPOSED TO SIT HERE |
| |
| Usually sits around here |
===================

Anyone know anywhere in QLD that does DECENT custom installs? I'm thinking of buying a second amp and second 12" sub and doing a floating perspex floor install or something so I don't have it all sliding around. I'd prefer it not to cost exceedingly big $$$ though, so if anyone has a workable solution - feel free to tell me!

Cheers,

Greg.
umm
Grease Monkey

Post by umm »

Why don't ya attempt to make it yourself. Its not hard. And way more satisfying. Just an idea :?
Greggles
Apprentice

Post by Greggles »

Oh I'd love to be able to do it myself, that way I know I'd get exactly what I want - but I'm really not very technically minded. Anyone able to recommend any DIY tip sites for these sort of things? I'll give it a go, the worst I can do waste money on supplies! :)
Cbrown1986
Grease Monkey

Post by Cbrown1986 »

I can organise something for you if you want... heres a quickie i did in my fto... tok about 4 hours...

http://photobucket.com/albums/f263/brow ... CF0151.jpg
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

LOL

Just a quicke ay? Enough gear to take your head off in there!
Cbrown1986
Grease Monkey

Post by Cbrown1986 »

yeh, a quickie... longest part was re-doing the floor and amp kit through the car