Replacing the Speaker Mesh on the rear shelf??

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

khunjeng
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Replacing the Speaker Mesh on the rear shelf??

Post by khunjeng »

Hey I pulled a bit off a bit of the wire mesh stuff that goes over the rear speakers and found I couldn't get it back on properly??

For the ppl who have installed decent systems what have you done?? have you got the stock shelf or a custom one?? have anyway ever put this mesh crap back cos I tried for a while and it just wouldn't clip in sercurely.
Last edited by khunjeng on Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
d_stroy_r
Mechanic

Post by d_stroy_r »

I dont ages ago.

I think u got to keep mesh down to put the screws in........So you need 2 people to do the job.
Darith
Apprentice

Post by Darith »

I had the same problem, so i made a new shelf with mdf and covered with vinyl and placed a layer of dacron under it to help stop vibrations (helped a lot)

Looks a lot better than stock.

So if ya good with hand tools give that a try.
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

If your parcel shelf is rattling, its best to get a custom made one. It will dramatically improve the sound quality of yr system.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

ya I'm down with it...I can make one myself...its not really that hard. But for the moment I did a doge mod to keep it from making any noise...worked awsome... ta for the info though.