How about this one on trading post......

Private Sales Only - No Traders Allowed!
Please post:
* Pictures of your car
* Car Spec's
* Price
* Your State

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

dstocks
National Vice President
jedwabna poszewka promocja

How about this one on trading post......

Post by dstocks »

Mitsubishi FTO 1998 Front Wheel Drive Black , 2.0ltr 105000kms, Very Rare GP Version R. ABS, Drivers SRS airbag, Recaro racing seats, MOMO leather steering wheel, alarm and 3point engine immobiliser, discharge headlights (blue), Gear shift light, 18" Chrome Mags, Full sound system including 2x12" subs, custom exhaust, full body kit, apexi fuel management ECU and in car monitor, cool air intake system, DRIFT pod filter, oil catchment reservoir. Front and rear strut bars, sports suspension-height adjustable, full neon kit, tinted windows. RGC425 $9800 davidrennke@hotmail.com Sydney 02-9239 0030
Sounds almost too good to be true.......
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    FTO338
    Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Yeah it does make you wonder whats wrong with it. I hope is not a R/C version eheheheee
    DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
    Boris
    Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

hm. well. if anyboy looks at it i would like to know what is wrong with it for that price. kinda makes you want to get it for spares or a race car lol for that price. :wink:
    Name: Boris
    Rides: Mitsubishi Evo 8 MR, Volvo XC60 & 3 push bikes!
    mxysxy
    Oldtimer

Post by mxysxy »

I reckon he or call centre operator made a typo for the first digit.
    Might be $19800, instead of $9800
    It takes a while to change the things in tradingpost, hahaha, I know because I work for them.
    Then again $19800 might sound a bit much
    dstocks
    National Vice President

Spares

Post by dstocks »

kinda makes you want to get it for spares or a race car lol for that price
    I was thinking that. If only......
      If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
      BuCkEt
      Oldtimer

Post by BuCkEt »

There was another FTO for that much in the Canberra Times a week or two ago.
      Rocco
      Grease Monkey

Post by Rocco »

mxysxy wrote:I reckon he or call centre operator made a typo for the first digit.
      Might be $19800, instead of $9800
      It takes a while to change the things in tradingpost, hahaha, I know because I work for them.
      Then again $19800 might sound a bit much
      Methinks he is right.A 1 in front would seem more appropriate.
      FTO-279
      khunjeng
      Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

send him and email...see what he says..if its 9k...I will buy it with all those options regardless - will be a good "new engine project" and give me something to do
      FTO338
      Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Well it could be a GS with "GP version R" kit, & he called it GP version R. I've seen someone did that with a GR, pop the bonnet & is like WTF, its a GR, & the climate control gave it away too.
      DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
      khunjeng
      Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

I think I was dreaming anyway Kev...my other half would never let me spend more money on cars...atm
      robsta
      Veteran Mechanic

Post by robsta »

i believe it was a mistake. same car on ebay, starting bid 15k buy price 19k

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FTO-GP-Version-R ... dZViewItem
      scarecrow
      Veteran Mechanic

Post by scarecrow »

GPvR with 2x12" subs? You've got to be the dumbest motherfucker in the world to do that. The reason it's a GPvR is because they tried to strip away all the weight in it, you don't go throwing a fully hectic soundsystem in a car that has lost all it's luxuries out of the factory in an effort to keep it light.

Couple the loss of the cars original intention (as a lightwieght race version of the FTO) with the fact that there is no sound deadening in the GPvR and that makes for a pretty sh*tty package.

f**k that, even for 10k I just wouldn't buy it on principal.
      [img]http://members.iinet.net.au/~viper39/carbw.jpg[/img]
      BuCkEt
      Oldtimer

Post by BuCkEt »

I gotta agree with you on that one.....same with those wheels.

And I fail to see his bodykit that is supposedly on there, all I see is standard GPvR trim. :?

That shift light however......ohhhhh don't get me started on those hideous things. :evil:
      frozenwaffles
      Grease Monkey

Post by frozenwaffles »

ok hold up on slagging out a GPvR with a good stereo...i have one with subs and all! dont care for weight, my GPvR was a top buy and i like the look of it better anyway and i like my music loud and clear!

second, i have emailed the guy with no response whatsoever. i definately think its a typo on the trading posts behalf. $19800 is a fair price for that car...i would be intertested in see if anyone checks her out and what condition she really is in...
      hnm738
      Grease Monkey

Post by hnm738 »

i think thats the car on ebay for $15000
      FTO338
      Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Is this guy dodgy or what, Recaro racing seats?? Since when stock FTO seat with red trimming (Stock GPvR seats) become Recaro seats??

And i can't agree more with scarecrow. Good stereo is one thing but I doubt his got a decent system, if so he would of "brag" about it along with the so called "Recaro" seats.

With boat anchor rims, and crapy 2x large sub on a GPvR. Mind as well get a GS & do it up. :roll:
      dstocks
      National Vice President

Cmon

Post by dstocks »

Cmon,

Give the guy a break, it could be an old picture. As it is, he is probably getting calls from every man ( + associated canine) about the price. It would be enough to drive you nuts. Esp if what mxysxy said is true and it takes time to change the add if its wrong......
        khunjeng
        Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

I got an email form this guy yesterday...and I have asked for some pics. Aparently the price is correct and the car is currently in the UK.
        FTO338
        Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Ohhh is one of those "special" i'm at overseas one again. :roll:
        khunjeng
        Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

Read this:
        Hi Chris,
        I have received your e-mail in regards of the car that I have on Autotrader.
        I want to thank you for your interest.
        The car is still available for sale and ready to be shipped.
        The buy price is AU$9,800.00. The vehicle is in perfect condition, like new,no flaws or dents, no scratches or any kind of damage,no flood or wrecked .
        Shipping will be done via Lufthansa Air Cargo from London,United Kingdom ( where the car is located for the moment ) and it will take no more then 4 days. I will pay for the shipping costs and also for the insurance. When I will ship it, I will arrange for all the duties and that's why you will not pay any customs when you will receive it and for this it will be delivered directly to your address. The car is still registered in AU. I didn't have time to register the car here in UK and I decide to sell it in AU.
        Also, you have nothing to worry about this deal because it will be done in a secure way. The most important thing in all my activities is that I am affiliated at BidPay(an escrow service) and I have a purchase protection account for AU$10,000.00 and I assume you know what this means.
        Here's how BidPay transactions work:
        First you'll make an AU$3000 deposit with BidPay After I'll receive the confirmation that the deposit has been made,I'll shipp you the car.
        After you'll receive the car you'll have an 5 days inspection period.If you will not receive the car as I described it to you, although this is not the case, BidPay will refund you 100% and you can ship the car back to me If you like the car and everything is OK you can advise BidPay to send me the deposit and you can send the remaining ballance directly to me.
        Let me know if this is O.K. with you, so that we can go forward with this deal!
        Best regards,
        P.S. If you have the money ready and you want to buy my car please REPLY WITH YOUR FULL NAME AND SHIPPING ADDRESS IN YOUR NEXT EMAIL so I can contact BidPay to start the deal!