My new install...

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

khunjeng
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

My new install...

Post by khunjeng »

I have bought some new 6x9s (2 way) which allow me to install me own cross-over...(Jaycar). Installed these work awsome...

Next...Bought some splits (6.5" + tweeter) much to my suprise I found speakers in the dask in the vent lol...

Anyway no wonder my Stereo was sounding sh*t...the tools who wired up the speakers had the stock 12 Ohm tweeters in parallel with the new 4 ohm 6.5" (installed by the prev. owner) so the load was around 9ohm not the rated 4ohm...for my head unit...simply discon. the stocks tweeters made it sound awsome!

Anyway I just made some adapter brackets to mount my new tweaters under the vent cover (where the stock ones are) and I will wire this up tomorrow night...

Lastly...the cross-overs for the front splits will be mounted under the head unit in the centre console..(I assume most ppl mount these with their amp in the boot or something) anyway will sounds awsome by the vic crusie date next sunday..
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

khunjeng wrote:Lastly...the cross-overs for the front splits will be mounted under the head unit in the centre console..(I assume most ppl mount these with their amp in the boot or something) anyway will sounds awsome by the vic crusie date next sunday..
With my old Infinity Kappa, i mount the cross over at the doors. Now the Diamond Audio one won't fit anywhere except in the boot.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
Dr_Jones
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Dr_Jones »

I have my Focal crossovers mounted behind the Head Unit.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

ya...my cross-over is adjustable so I can chnage the cut-over frequencies so the unit itself is quite large but easy to mount somewhere..I have finshed the brackets so I will be doing this tonight...