Help... Accomodation

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

SchumieFan
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Help... Accomodation

Post by SchumieFan »

Ok fellas, so as you know, im commin to melbourne to pester you all... again.... but heres the thing... im staying 6 nights, from the 29th of March till the 4th of April,

can anyone find some cheap accomodation for me as close to the cbd as possible cause i looked at a hotel room and boy have the prices inflated for the F1... $1500 for 6 nights! and that was the cheapest.

any help much appreciated
Nacho
Oldtimer

Post by Nacho »

I think St. Kilda is nice and close to the grand prix. Isn't it KEV? :lol:
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

check www.quickbeds.com.au should get some nice deals there
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Nacho wrote:I think St. Kilda is nice and close to the grand prix. Isn't it KEV? :lol:
Don't know mate, only been to St. Kilda Novotel, but its fully booked by now.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
Nacho
Oldtimer

Post by Nacho »

Who said anything about the Novotel? Don't YOU live in St Kilda? hehehe :twisted:
tarkus
Mechanic

Post by tarkus »

schumiefan
check your message box

Tarkus
Money can't buy happiness, but it can help you look for it quicker, in a convertible.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Nacho wrote:Who said anything about the Novotel? Don't YOU live in St Kilda? hehehe :twisted:
WTF? St Kilda? Mate i live at Port Melbourne, where did you get the idea of St Kilda from, & don't say its the same, because is like saying EVO & GLI Lancer are the same. :lol: I'm close to Albert Park, but W.R is closer, he live at Sth Melboure :twisted:

Mike what happen to all the accomodation stuff i send you last yr??
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

Cheers tarkus, just might take u up on the offer.... but i was thinkin i might try the back packers i stayed at last time since im by myself.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

yeah its a bad time if u wanna do it cheep...back-backers is probably the best to save some cash...make sure u msg us and we should hook up ..F1 should be awsome again...
sxcfto
Mechanic

Post by sxcfto »

Just a small insight from someone who is now in that industry between march 15th to April 2nd MOST (approx 90%) of Hotels have put tariffs higher than normal for that period of time as it is commonwealth games and Grand Prix ... you will be struggling to get any cheap accomodation at this time of the year !

My advice look in the papers as some people in those areas are leasing out rooms or houses for a cheaper price !
:wink:
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

khunjeng wrote:yeah its a bad time if u wanna do it cheep...back-backers is probably the best to save some cash...make sure u msg us and we should hook up ..F1 should be awsome again...
Don't you worry, mike went through the same thing last yr ehehehe, & he does have my mobile number, it works cause the bastard had send me jokes 2am in the morning a couple of times.... 8O

Seriously mike, you know backpackers is the cheapest you will find, & also have availible bed/room at the F1 season.
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

um... Toni, Mike lives in New Zealand, its not as easy as just flying down to melbourne and picking up the local paper :P
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

FTO338 wrote:
khunjeng wrote:yeah its a bad time if u wanna do it cheep...back-backers is probably the best to save some cash...make sure u msg us and we should hook up ..F1 should be awsome again...
Don't you worry, mike went through the same thing last yr ehehehe, & he does have my mobile number, it works cause the bastard had send me jokes 2am in the morning a couple of times.... 8O

Seriously mike, you know backpackers is the cheapest you will find, & also have availible bed/room at the F1 season.

HAHAHAHA yeah last year i arrived in melbourne on the thursday, well and truly into the f1 spirit and we had no where to stay! looks like ill be staying at the same place this year... hotel bakpak, they have free airport taxi.

i did wonder if youd been getting those messages :P

we shall definatly hook up again... ill make a newer post closer to the time but whose keen to go to the f1?
sxcfto
Mechanic

Post by sxcfto »

my apologies didnt check where you were situated Mike sorry :oops: