RevZone

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

khunjeng
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

RevZone

Post by khunjeng »

I went down to RevZone today and I have say Craig and the boys really know their stuff...Put my beast on the Dyno and I was happy with my 106 with 2 mods I have got.

Gonna get an E-manage and they will adjust the Mirvec a bit and get the AFR fixed a bit...and hopefully bring in up 6 or so kw.

Best bit was the 2002 Type R they put on after mine...new headders, piggy back system and CAI...went from like 105 to over 145! now thats some before and after stats!

Craig reckons get the extractors and he can really start to adjust the timing and get some more usable power...probably worth it for 500 bucks after the rest has been done.

ps, don't tell the wife about the e-manage..cos I bought it already at a good price :P
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Geee Chris could of done a mini Group Buy.....u know i'm after a piggyback too. So how much did it cost u? After I get my TB & intake manifold back, i'll be going to see Craig for a retune. :D

Well i think ever seen Craig there, the boys at RevZone had "upgraded" their knowledge. As Craig tuned my SAFC when he was at the old place, & i'm 110% happy with what he had done. But before he was there, i had my RSM installed by one of the other boys there, & he screw it up......I end up have to re-program it myself.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

im booking in there next week or the week after, purely because its so close.

Must admit, a little worried that the guy said I shouldnt use 5w-30 - that it was too thin.....
suprising when Lee only uses 5w-30 and the the mits manual says 5w-30... nyway ive told them i only want 5w-30.
will see how i go with the service etc.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

FTO338 wrote:Geee Chris could of done a mini Group Buy.....u know i'm after a piggyback too. So how much did it cost u? After I get my TB & intake manifold back, i'll be going to see Craig for a retune. :D

Well i think ever seen Craig there, the boys at RevZone had "upgraded" their knowledge. As Craig tuned my SAFC when he was at the old place, & i'm 110% happy with what he had done. But before he was there, i had my RSM installed by one of the other boys there, & he screw it up......I end up have to re-program it myself.

yeah iw asn't planning to...but thery quoted me the same price as the MIRVEC controller...so i just said yes I think installated it will be around $800. then I can re-program when I get the TB/Main. and extractors done some time in the future...then I should be done...

spent a bit of time with craig...totally wd guy...will be going there quite a bit for this stuff.
WildRide
Grease Monkey

Post by WildRide »

Dare I ask where you got the e-manage from and whats a "good" price :wink:

Craig mentioned ~$2k for the HalTech installed and ~$3k for the e-manage.

I think the awsome buying power, that is FTO Australia, needs to come done on RevZone. :D

WR
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

WR i think your FConV is pretty old now so it might not have as much resolution (from a tuning perspective)...

when choosing your ECU you need to check if it has a function to control your additional injector (not sure if it can be interfaced with the current HKS AIC you have in your car atm either)

if not, you could end up buying a set of 6 larger injectors and maybe a bigger fuel pump to ensure you are feeding enough juice to the engine (to cope with on-boost conditions)...
EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

booked in! tell u how i go once serviced.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

WildRide wrote:Dare I ask where you got the e-manage from and whats a "good" price :wink:

Craig mentioned ~$2k for the HalTech installed and ~$3k for the e-manage.

I think the awsome buying power, that is FTO Australia, needs to come done on RevZone. :D

WR
Hey WR

I'm only getting the basic one but its around 550 + wiring bits cost about 150 and install of about 150 .. all up was $800. I'II probbaly help with the install to see what they do..but the cost will be the same.

I can then adust my AFR in some spots and adjust the mirvec kick-in point as Craig thinks its a little to late on mine...

With the e-manage you can play with the timing and stuff also so I thought I would get that for future mods.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Which wiring harness did you brought Chris?
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

FTO338 wrote:Which wiring harness did you brought Chris?
I am getting 2 sets (~150)..plus the price is 500 not 550 I just checked my invoice...so not a bad price..I think u need one lume for the injectors and another for the ignition....the emange will allow u to do most things I need like adjust the MIRVEC, AFR and timing once I get the extractors!! could be looking at some good gains.
WildRide
Grease Monkey

Post by WildRide »

Hay Chris

I've been re-reading that spec and I'm not so sure it's a good idea.

I mean... after I STEAL IT AND STICK IT IN MY CAR, I'm not sure that yours will run so good.

You may want to have a backup plan of some desription.

Just some food for tought.

WR ....... always lending a hand
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

lol i think mine wont be good for u anyway...I think u need the Ultimate version for boost control etc...I just have to wait now until it arrives...Craigs reckons he'll get me 5-8kw more based on my first run results...would be good..
EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

ok had my service done. Droplinks and bushes fitted, and all the regular oil changes etc.

So far so good! 90% of the rattles seem to have gone. yay for me.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

hey euro....u gave them all the brushes and droplinks?? Ireally need mine done...was following your other post and was gonna buy them all also and get them to fit them. How much roughly?
EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

hey,

Yeh i got a new set of rear and front droplinks and rear and front sway bar bushes. I was told by pedders these needed replacing. IT seems to have corrected MOST noises.... it certainly doesnt clank like it used to. you might want to get all your bushes checked first to see if any others need replacing. Im sure other bushes could possibly have been replaced in my car.

Labour was 2 hours work. so at revzone thats like $140. The guy said it took him 30min to do the rears and 90min to do the fronts... he said the gap for your fingers is tiny and caused him some grief.

the bushes from fulcrum were $41 posted to me. And i think i got the droplinks for about $160? but thats caused my brother flew them over from UK and I didnt have to pay for postage.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

Hey euro

Droplinks from Camskill? which ones exactly?
CAMSKILL PRODUCTS Standard Rear Droplinks GX GPX - GPvR
CAMSKILL PRODUCTS Lowered Height Rear Droplinks GPX - GPvR

KJ

Also did u go to pedders for a check first???
EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

You dont want lowered height on rear... unless your car has been lowered....

Front antiroll bar sroplinks - Pair FTO
Standard rear droplinks GX GPX GPvR

my price was 67 pound...

And yes I went to pedders first. ordered bushes from fulcrum in aus.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

thanks mate...mine has been lowered I might go to pedders first and see what they say about the drop-links...might not be lowered enough to be a concern...