Sway bars and stuff

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

smorison
The Godfather
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by smorison »

the UAS ones will be stronger and lighter than whitelines. Also they have master cylinder support included in them allowing for better brake response and feel. I haven't seen Whitelines yet so i don't know what they are like.

on the rear's i only have fixed ones at the moment, we haven't started looking at them just yet however it won't be long before we do. It won't be hard to develop an adjustable one if there is enough demand for it.

The big thing is that as we have front wheel drive cars the back just follows you around. You don't really need adjustable ones on the back, unless your actually racing it on a track.
D-TRAIN
Mechanic

Post by D-TRAIN »

wildfaye wrote:how much do u get those creative front under H brace for?
I am in Perth.

I agree with the part on Jap brands, hence trying to find if any Jap makers do those sway bars...hmm..seems like none...
The brace was quite expensive. Close to the $400 mark. But it's something you can't get here.

If Stephen comes up with the goods for titanium strut bars for $250, that would be a very good deal. You can't get a titanium bar for the FTO from Cusco. They only make aluminium or steel bars for the FTO.

A Cusco aluminum (Type OS) Cusco strut bar (front or rear) costs about $250 (minus shipping) brand new.
hnm738
Grease Monkey

Post by hnm738 »

was just wandering that when i hit a bump i get some rattles or bump noise at the back

its not the seat belt something with the suspension would that be my bush wearing out ??????????

thanks
tarkus
Mechanic

front strut brace question

Post by tarkus »

when fitting front strut braces, should the wheels be on the ground (ie all the car weight on the suspension) or should the strut be fitted with the wheels off the ground (ie say on axle stands). I have checked the dimension in both situations and the dimension is about 6 mm longer with the wheels OFF the ground.
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

i've only ever fitted them with the car on the ground... it would make sense to do it this way as the wheels / suspension are in a load bearing position, the ones that UAS will supply are adjustable with a crescent spanner so its easy to fine tune them.
G1
Mechanic

Post by G1 »

hnm738 wrote:was just wandering that when i hit a bump i get some rattles or bump noise at the back

its not the seat belt something with the suspension would that be my bush wearing out ??????????

thanks
yes it sounds like your bushes.. i have to get mine attended to as well.. front and back for me actually... i'll start a new thread on this..