Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

sxcfto
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST FOR AUTOSALON

Post by sxcfto »

Hello Everyone,
We had a few expressions of interest for Autosalon this year, I would be happy to organise for our Team to go in as a club and think it would be a great looking stand having all FTO's in one area.

If there is interest in showing your car at Autosalon this year I will need to know very soon so we can get ready for it and start organising the stand.

Things you need to Know prior to saying yes !
Costs involved should you choose to enter

1. Accomodation or transport to and from show as your car is grounded there for the entire weekend from approx 4pm friday afternoon to approx 7-9pm on Sunday night.

2. Club entrants cost is approx $100 per person as a club this includes entry for ONLY you for the whole weekend.

3. Spending some time at the stand and interacting with the crowds , this is judged if we decide to go is as a club.

4. Your car does not need to be heavily modified for club stands this type of heavily modified vehicles are only for people who are doing single car displays.
Remembering though the more your car is modified the more attention you will get from photographers that could land you a magazine shoot if your lucky !

5 Finally to remember it is a weekend of fun and you dont need to take it too seriously it should be taken as a social event that we can all enjoy together as a club !

So after all that if your are interest in participating just pm me for more infomation and we will go from there, remembering that we need a minimum of 6 cars to participate as a club!

cheers
Toni :wink:
Last edited by sxcfto on Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Chase is better than the Catch !
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Great call Toni. A club display at Autosalon is also on my to do list. It works wonders for FTO popularity & the club in general. Go for it guys!!
rnbboi
Mechanic

Post by rnbboi »

:D

please check pm toni
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

hey toni...I'm down and down with helping u organise it when there is work to be done...it will require a "meeting" invovling "thinking liquid" I believe...
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Well i can't say no, can I heheehehee :wink:
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
scarecrow
Veteran Mechanic

Post by scarecrow »

khunjeng wrote:hey toni...I'm down and down with helping u organise it when there is work to be done...it will require a "meeting" invovling "thinking liquid" I believe...
Just to help any of the dafter members out, "meeting" is code for "piss-up" and "thinking liquid" is code for "beer" :)

If I had my new front bumper attached and my sideskirts reattached + resprayed i'd be in "for' sure" but alas, my car looks raggedy at the moment :(
[img]http://members.iinet.net.au/~viper39/carbw.jpg[/img]
WildRide
Grease Monkey

Post by WildRide »

I'm in :wink:

Now where's Nacho hideing...

WR.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Hmm this would be a good line up

Nacho with the veilside (i know u can't say no :P )
W.R with the Turbo & HKS kit
Rnbboi with the mod Boss kit
Toni with the face lift model
Me & my stocky pre face lift
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

id be in if my car's ready by then.
rnbboi
Mechanic

Post by rnbboi »

so we definitely got the minimum required amount of cars? :D

this is sounding shwwweeet :P

WEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :twisted:
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

dont u need 6?? from my count u only got 5.

why dont u guys get Brendan? Though he mite not be interested as his been in autosalon for the last 3 years :?
rnbboi
Mechanic

Post by rnbboi »

FTO338:
Nacho with the veilside (i know u can't say no )
W.R with the Turbo & HKS kit
Rnbboi with the mod Boss kit
Toni with the face lift model
Me & my stocky pre face lift
I think we missed Khunjeng, and shue (if cars rdy by then). brenden... thats "dzyrme" isnt it?

hehehehz, i think ill have to pop into his work and say hi :D
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

ya mine will be re-spreyed by then..getting done in two weeks...so will be a classic stock example :P
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Yeah sorry Chris, i knew i missed someone :oops:
Nacho
Oldtimer

Post by Nacho »

How can I say no to that Kev......... :wink:

Firstly I'm gonna need a date.......

Then ample time to take a few of the things apart so I can give em a new spray just to make it a bit tidier. eg. Wheel guards, windscreen wipers etc. If anyone else wants to do that, I gotta compressor at home. :D
sxcfto
Mechanic

Post by sxcfto »

Ok everyone just got the email for Autosalon and as a bonus .... well read for yourself !!!

Hi,

This is just a friendly email to introduce myself to you all and remind you that the second Auto Salon Show for the series is now only 2 months away in Melbourne on 29th & 30th April.

I am new to the Auto Salon team and will be looking after all your entries.

I have attached our current entry & accreditation forms for your perusal as well as our Invitation letter outlining what the show has to offer this year.

As a bonus for the MELBOURNE show, all Clubs & Private entrants that post entry forms and payment before 31st March 2006 will receive a free Auto Salon Buddy Pass.
So get your entry forms in early and I look forward to meeting you all in April.
If you require any further information please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Alisa Lan
Championship Development Manager
sxcfto
Mechanic

Post by sxcfto »

So as you can see if we get our money and entry in prior to the 31st we all get a buddy pass allowing another person in for the entire weekend ....this is really useful if your partner is planning on spending the weekend with you!!

I will also see what I can do as far as accomodation goes and might be able to get a couple of rooms at below normal rate at Batmans Hill on collins as it's in the same hotel group as mine.

More updates as it comes to hand but I will also put a tentative Autosalon meeting up for the 22nd of March at 8pm details and whereabouts to be decided maybe Kev's place :P

This could also be a good time to get payment and entry forms in as we are racing the clock now if we are to go in .... :roll:
The Chase is better than the Catch !
rnbboi
Mechanic

Post by rnbboi »

YAY :P
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

sxcfto wrote:More updates as it comes to hand but I will also put a tentative Autosalon meeting up for the 22nd of March at 8pm details and whereabouts to be decided maybe Kev's place :P
hehheh my place? Well maybe my shop would be better, at least Pizza hut, Maccas, Subway, Jap & Thai is next door. So we can grab a bite & chat.
sxcfto
Mechanic

Post by sxcfto »

Kev need address for your best choice to have meeting you know that area better than anyone ????
If you could post up details I will make sure everyone is there !!