EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST FOR AUTOSALON

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

FTO338
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by FTO338 »

Ohhh ok, don't give up Joel, u know practice make perfect :wink:

Anyway, i'm getting the FTO interior re-trim again for the Autosalon & Show & Shine. This time in real leather for the door card & also dual tune leather for my Sparco bucket seats. :D

I post some pics once its all done. Hopefully finish by this wkend, its kinda weird driving around with one seat atm. :?
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
Nacho
Oldtimer

Post by Nacho »

Hmmmmmmm you've just given be a brilliant idea kev! Instead of plastic pockets I might give denim a try. That can take a bit of rubbing. I only need it to stay intact for autosalon.

*runs to grab an old pair of jeans*

Other than that what are all you others doing to your cars for autosalon?
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

I'm doing the interior cause i always wanted to re-trim my bucket seats to leather & also re-design the support to suit my injured back & Peter at Unique doing my doors in the same leather for dirt cheap price that i can't refuse.

So Autosalon + Show & Shine are just an excuse i give to my mrssss ahhahaa *i can see Chirs is taking note* :twisted:

Joel if you going to use jeans, mind as well try motorbike's one, cause they are much tougher & some are fire proof (I think the brand is called Dragon). But i doubt they will last long as you rip a pair of jeans by just falling to the ground let alone constant rubbing by a hot rubber.

Just use CF hehehehe i know u want to :wink:
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
Nacho
Oldtimer

Post by Nacho »

Hmmmm..........might consider these dragon jeans. The weight of the material is really important as to not pull the rest of remaining guard off. I'll have another go this weekend and if I needed to, where would I get carbon fibre from?

BTW if you keep hanging out with Wonder Woman you will get an injured back!
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Just wondering can we move the date of meeting from 22nd to 23rd or any other day that suit by any chance, i just got informed that i have an exam on 22nd late afternoon/evening & i need to be at the airport by 9pm as well.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

FTO338 wrote:I'm doing the interior cause i always wanted to re-trim my bucket seats to leather & also re-design the support to suit my injured back & Peter at Unique doing my doors in the same leather for dirt cheap price that i can't refuse.

So Autosalon + Show & Shine are just an excuse i give to my mrssss ahhahaa *i can see Chirs is taking note* :twisted:

Joel if you going to use jeans, mind as well try motorbike's one, cause they are much tougher & some are fire proof (I think the brand is called Dragon). But i doubt they will last long as you rip a pair of jeans by just falling to the ground let alone constant rubbing by a hot rubber.

Just use CF hehehehe i know u want to :wink:
hey kev...yes I am taking note...! the mrs is happy cos i'm "giving her the FTO" on paper only! so she's cool with new things now..

Hey are you getting your interior done at that richmond place?? I'm so down with the new leather..but need my front bar re-spreyed first...whats the rough cost ?? 1K?

my car ahs been stuck at the suspesnion place for 2 days...omg its gonna be a sweet ride now they guy has just about fixed everything I needed...
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Yes its the Ricmond guy Peter, Unique Auto Trimming.

Depends on the type of leather & also if you want extra padding & other stuff.

I start off with $800 for the two front seats, & now around $1300, plus I think i'm going to do a bit here & there too.
sxcfto
Mechanic

Post by sxcfto »

Kev,
The only dates I can attend the meeting are the 22nd or the 24th (Sat) let me know how you go with that ? Sorry Wednesday and Saturday nigths are the only ones I don't work ... :(
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Yeah sorry Toni & others, i didn't expect an exam just pop up with a late notice & i need to pass these three stupid exams.

If its ok for everyone, I would appreciated if we can have the meeting at Sat the 25th instead. (Which is the dinner cruise) :D
rnbboi
Mechanic

Post by rnbboi »

so its set then?

meeting moved to the 25th of March?

Therefore discussing this over dinner/cruise on the 25th?
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

sounds good!
Nacho
Oldtimer

Post by Nacho »

Brilliant idea! So is Schumie involved in this cruise though? Or are we having a separate cruise/pissup when he's here?
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

I still have no idea where Schumie been hiding to...... :?
Nacho
Oldtimer

Post by Nacho »

That's true........normally he replies every 2 mins on every thread........he's been really quiet
sxcfto
Mechanic

Post by sxcfto »

Hi Guys yes we will move this cruise and dinner to Saturday the 25th and discuss all the things we need to for Autosalon as well.
Speak to you all then !
:wink:
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

Have a look at this link - not sure if u need to register or not

Have a few pics form the Skyline stand at Autosalon...I like their co-ordinated shirts and also one car had a "SAU" plate...we should make up some FTO plates on some paper etc....

Damn can't wait to get my new front bar and sides on...gonna make so damn shiney!!!!

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums ... pic=109934
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

To have shirt like that could be a costly excise as there are only few of us going. I've had a quote of a good quality Polo for one off $190 each with the new FTO logo embroidered at the front (white/red) & a www.ftoaustralia.com at the back in red.

We need to get at least around 30 before the price become reasonable (still around $120-150) & I don't see it can happen, as I don't think many member would be interested due to the price. But I did pick a top quality material that will last long & breathable as I hate those $20 Irons on stuff with $5 T-shirt that last a wk, or polo that starts to fluff after 3-4 wash.
EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

In regards to t shirts etc.....

Having a swatch made of a design normally costs around $50.....

then they will charge between 5-$12 for each shirt.....

so you would lost at the cost of your polo..... so ralph lauren for $100 + the $50 swatch (dividided by (x) number) + the 5-$12 for each one being embroided. Obviously the more that do it the better...

remember you can supply your own polo.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

its up to everyone...if no1 want them then don't do it...looks much better though...I do believe we could do it for under 100 though.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

The initial batch would cost more due to once off setting up graphics for embroidery. And my quote was base on providing my own EPS file as well. If not it will cost even more. 8O

Don't forget it is base on detailed emboridery, if we using just print on, it will be less then $100, but they come off after few wash. :?