Post by smorison »

Manual / Auto?

and which bit exactly?

thanks
MintFTO
Apprentice

Post by MintFTO »

Sorry was in a rush when I posted that.

Im talking about the piece that starts directly below the climate control and surrounds the cd player, ash tray + cigarette lighter and the gear stick. Im looking for one to suit a manual.
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

ahhh well you can get carbon stick on kits but they look pretty dodgy IMHO.

actually replacing this would involve creating a mold and building it out of carbon, and would be quite expensive. If there is enough interest i can organise to get this done however i'd need probably 10 confirmed orders before it would be at a reasonable price.
Cohn
Grease Monkey

Post by Cohn »

Hey mint FTO, i have the carbon fibre surround, but i have it in 2 pieces, one is like you describe (covering everything under the climate control) but i also have the upper piece which covers all 2 dials, the climate control and the top area. It's a stick on type of thing. But to be honest, it looks pretty sh*tty. :?

If you wanna play around with the console cover, i suggest spraying it in silver, i have seen that done and it looks amazing.

Besides, i have seen the carbon fibre kits advertised for like $300, it is not worth it by any means.
MintFTO
Apprentice

Post by MintFTO »

Hey there,

I spoke to unique auto sport and they stock one for $265, but will take 5% off for us FTO enthusiasts. I believe this consists of more than just the CD/Gear surround though its basically an entire interior kit.

Yeh im definately not interested in any of those stick on kits as i think they would look pretty tacky and as the main reason im enquiring about this is as when i bought my car my surround was broken and when i took it out to install a new head unit on the weekend the whole thin basically collapsed.

Im getting it plastic welded back together and re-sprayed in black to keep it as mitsubishi intended now though.

Thanks for the help.