Brissy Cruise? Saturday 25th or Sunday 26th March. Its ON!!

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Jeff
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by Jeff »

Sat or Sun for me.
By the way Samson your calculations are way out.
Only 1000kw atw. I make 1/3 of that.
Jeff
Jeff
Grease Monkey

Post by Jeff »

Hi all.
Samson asked me about where to cruise etc. Below is a copy of what I sent him. Basically we need someone to suggest meeting places North end of Gold coast, South end of Sunny coast, South Bris, North Bris, central meeting place, route, times, destination.
In the past Chris has kindly organised this. I am very busy this next few weeks otherwise I would help out.
C`mon eveyone lets get this thing organised.
Jeff
Hi Samson,
In the past we met at the carpark on the Alderly Arms Hotel, ( no one ther on a Sun morning.), then drove through Mt Glorious to Malaney. This was a good cruise, although Malaeny on a Sunday was too busy, Hard to find parking for everyone.
A BBQ/ picnic is the best. Allows everyone a chance to check out each others ride, etc. We really need a spot that is not too busy where we can park all the cars together. With this in mind getting eveyone to bring their own picnic lunch is probably the best idea, rather than needing to go where there is BBQ facilities. I haven`t got any spare time over the next few weeks, otherwise I would check out some possible locations. Just keep in mind hopefully we will have Gold coast and Sunshine coast members along. The best idea would be to have the Gold coasters meet down there somewhere then cruise up to a southside spot, meet with the southside people then cruise to a central spot then head off west. And the same for the Sunshine/ Northsiders.
Just a suggestion.
Jeff
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Alright. I'll take care of Gold Coasters. I'm thinking meeting at Pacific Fair.
Anyone from sunshine coast wanna organise the same deal? Anyone nominating themselves?
1: Samson (Sat or Sun) -GC
2:Dr_Jones (Sat) -Bris
3:wallaby_09 ( ) -Bris
4:robsta (Sat or Sun) -SC
5:Jase (Sat or Sun) -GC
6:fto_gurl (Sat or Sun)
7:umm (Sat or Sun) -SC
8:HiRAEdd (Sat or Sun) -Bris
9:Jeff

Im thinking Saturday. Prob start at meet in Bris at 10am. Have a lunch (Picnic/BBQ) at a park. Check out rides. Check out owners. Compare notes. BS about Kw then have jeff smoke us all with dyno sheets. then go for a cruise (Yet to be decided.) Lunch will be BYO. I'll let everyone know if we will have BBQ facilities. Everyone is welcome to bring Hot Chickies. Especially fto_gurl.... :wink:
Currently also seeing if GarryD and Raven can come. With a bit of luck they can. peer pressure everyone! :D
robsta
Veteran Mechanic

Post by robsta »

People from the Sunny Coast could meet up at the south bound BP on the highway in Caboolture?
or maybe turn off at Caboolture and meet at the Centenary Lakes like the last cruise then drive through Morayfield with everyone looking at the pretty cars :)

just a couple of suggestions
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Robsta, If you can get the SC ppl to brissy i can get the GC ppl there.
I just got back from pickin up my fto. new engine goes sweet! but the speedo no work?!?!?!? WTF!
fto_gurl
Apprentice

Post by fto_gurl »

OK so I don't reall have many "hot chickie" girlfriends.... my apologies... but i'll se if i can make it..
HiRAEdd
Mechanic

Post by HiRAEdd »

fto_gurl wrote:OK so I don't reall have many "hot chickie" girlfriends.... my apologies... but i'll se if i can make it..
But we need hot chicks to drape over the bonnets. It's just not the same when it's me in a bikini.
robsta
Veteran Mechanic

Post by robsta »

HiRAEdd wrote:
fto_gurl wrote:OK so I don't reall have many "hot chickie" girlfriends.... my apologies... but i'll se if i can make it..
But we need hot chicks to drape over the bonnets. It's just not the same when it's me in a bikini.
....no not at all, its better when you do it ;) haha kiding.

Robsta, If you can get the SC ppl to brissy i can get the GC ppl there.
ok i'll try work out the best way to get from A to B once i know where B is hehe. ive got nothing better to do with my time at work anyways
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Okay. I'll see what i can do about some babes. lol. i'll bring a camera
Daz_FTO
Grease Monkey

Post by Daz_FTO »

so whats the latest day? saturday or sunday?
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

9:Jeff

Looks like saturday suits everyone. You comin daz?? make 10 come on!!
robsta
Veteran Mechanic

Post by robsta »

has anyone figured out where we can go yet?
Daz_FTO
Grease Monkey

Post by Daz_FTO »

I'll see... have plans on the saturday at moment, might try and get out of them.
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Im thinking if we meet up at the alderly arms hotel (5 Samford Road if im not mistaken). Then we'll cruise somewhere nice. (In brisbane?In Surfers?Malaney is WAY too far.)to a park or something nice and quiet and have picnic lunch (BYO picnic). I'm heading up to brisbane this weekend so i'll go scout out where this can happen. but expect it to at a park with plenty of parking.I want us all to be able to park next to each other for some photos.This plan will be loosely adhered to. if anyone has any suggestions that we ALL like then we can do whatever seems best.
I think surfers would be nice. find a beachside carpark to take some photos. but im open to suggestion (Brissy PPl come on!)
RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

Hi everyone sorry for the late involvement in this. I'm up for it I think, as long as I have a bit of notice as to the meeting place so I can figure out where it is. Haven't figured out Brissy that much yet and I'll need a couple of hours to get there (driving in from Toowoomba). Saturday is fine for me so let me know what the go is and I'll desperatly try to be there.
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

9:Jeff (Sat or Sun)
10:RallyMad (Sat)
Yeah. 10. Alright.
wallaby_09
Apprentice

Post by wallaby_09 »

Sat or sunday for me got both days off this weekend for once :)
robsta
Veteran Mechanic

Post by robsta »

ok for the Sunny Coast people I think we should meet at Centenary Lakes in Caboolture, its easy to get to and I will post a map to get to it from the Bruce Highway. Once everything else has been sorted out I will work out a time to arrive there and a time to leave. The lakes has heaps of parking and shade to wait to stand around and chat while waiting for everyone to arrive before heading for the next meeting point.
fto_gurl
Apprentice

Post by fto_gurl »

Sweet Robsta I am up for that idea. And for others I am gonna be distributing stickers at this cruise so if ya want one let me know and I'll tell Bennoz how many I need.
RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

I'm up for a sticker please fto_gurl