MECHANICS

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

lanyon
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

MECHANICS

Post by lanyon »

After having a very bad run of people doing shoddy amature and dangerouse works to my beloved FTO ive decided to ask the good people of the FTO VIC to ask Who they get to service their cars and in what area.

If we could get a good list of where to go, the other FTO's wont have to sufer in pain like mine has.

So far ive had bodged:

1. Input output speed sensor drilled through by a stereo store which inturn stuffed my auto($3000)

2. gauges installed with hot glue which melted out of place.

3. Reco auto installed took 5 weeks and was a S@#% job shifted terrible, Wrong trans oil, stereo left out , lead fell off battery list goes on..

4. Last service i asked for suspension check, aircon regas, stepper motor replacement, even booked in advance so they could get the parts in time. Didnt regas, no stepper motor ordered, And what they did to my suspension could have killed me. Only tightend 2 wheel nuts and all the suspension bolts were only left finger tight....

I think ive been very good not to have killed any of these people yet.

So if anyone can post a good mechanic for me id be very appreciative.
poster
Grease Monkey

Post by poster »

MJ motors...springvale
alex is the man...

he knows more then others....but not 100%.....maybe 90....wil say

a lot of ftos go there i will say....
rnbboi
Mechanic

Post by rnbboi »

have been recording some info from previous threads, and this might help u lanyon:

Power House GENESIS Racing
2 Cottage Street Blackburn 3130
(03) 9894 0268

SL Motorsports
0414 738 781

and (where everyone seems to be going and getting a lot of +ve feedback - im sure the guys here can tell u more about him/service)

Lee

- Ken
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Ok since i've been to all of them & have great realationship with them, i have to say all the above are good place to go.

So heres my thought.

Alex (MJ Jap Motor) his new to the block after took over Lee's old business at start of this finacial year, his a cool guy, work hard & give 110% effort of what ever his trying to do.His good for general mechanic & services.

Lee (old SL Motorsport) practically had service 90% of Vic members ride at one stage or another, he & Craig (RevZone) would have the most knowledge of FTO since they both had strip & rebuild few FTO engines & modify it. Just like Alex his good for general mechanic, services & also minor mods & tune.

Craig (RevZone), i knew him when he was at Genisis. Great guy, one of the best Apexi tuner you will find in Australia & have a great reputation for dyno tuning & modifications. Craig would be the one to go to if you want your FTO to be at the next level, as he developed the one of the 3 turbo FTO in Victoria.

Now the best part of all these guys actually all drive/own a high performance imports, so they really into cars, & not just doing it because its a job. :D
Last edited by FTO338 on Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

rnbboi wrote: Power House GENESIS Racing
2 Cottage Street Blackburn 3130
(03) 9894 0268

- Ken
genesis is no longer.....

craig from genesis is now at revzone. I am now using them. So far seems very honest and up front but they never call to update u! so you need to keep checking up.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

Ya Lee is the man as I always say....for a tune...Criag at RevZone...Lee has done my tappets and my CV joints for really good prices.

Genesis is no longer but they have been replaced by some other joint called APB Autotech who did my first service...they were ok...but nothing like Lee...

Exhaust...Austec Exhaust ..they wont sell u HKS and imported stuff...just quality..nice sounding high flow bits.. the main Guy there, Steve is a guru and FPV contract out their high spec cars to him for the cat back & extractor design on the sly. He told me I would get a 7% atw gain with my system for $900...and I did.

Suspension and wheels..Centreline suspenison in Thomastown...they r simply the best...if u got there over the next few days u will see my beast being fitted with new Konis and a full overhall...will be better than new. They do a lot of race and import cars such as Skylines and done a few FTOs they told me.

Auto Trans - there is only one place to go and that is Lilydale Automatics...they are simply the best also...I never take my autos to anyone else now...you will not be disapointed with them! far away yes...but quality if thats what u want for a good price.

Hope this helps.
TimmyD
Mechanic

Post by TimmyD »

so wheres revzone?
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

TimmyD wrote:so wheres revzone?
Nunawadding...
EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

varman crt nunawading to be precise :)
lanyon
Apprentice

Post by lanyon »

Thanks for the reply's guys im sure ill use this list to my advantage. even though there all on the opposite side of town, id rather drive a mile then have a half assed FTO. :wink:
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

ya once u find a place that is good, stick to it cos there are many tossers out there that do half-arsed jobs and in many cases are just retarts...good guys are worth their weight in gold.