Ipod install

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

EURO
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Ipod install

Post by EURO »

So, people who have ipods in their FTO's.... where have you installed them and what products have u used?

A car audio place suggested the glove box, but i dont realli like the fact its hidden in there and could get scratched etc...

I was thinking of positioning it alongside the cd player...but how do you then hide the wiring etc? anyone done this or got any good ideas? cost of install etc?

i was quoted $220 for adapter and install...
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

There is a hole at the astray. I put my SAFC cable through there.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
scarecrow
Veteran Mechanic

Post by scarecrow »

[img]http://members.iinet.net.au/~viper39/carbw.jpg[/img]
EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

ok cool, was just seeing if anyone had some nice custom mounts....

scarecrow, why are u worried about being able to use the ipod controls? cant u control the ipod from your headunit?
lovemyfto
Apprentice

Post by lovemyfto »

I got the dodgy brothers to put my in the centre console and ran the cables through a hole in the front of the centre console (had to drill it out) bought a $30 case and protected the ipod from scratching. all done. can't see it unless you lift the lid, so it's not as much of an invitation for chance theft.
EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

got a pic?

I was thinking of getting a hole drilling on the outer side...having a stand for the ipod that comes out of this hole with the cabling...