FTO navigation system

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

birdbrain
jedwabna poszewka promocja

FTO navigation system

Post by birdbrain »

Hi Guys

I bought a 94 FTO and it comes with a Mitsubishi navition system without the CD, Does any one know about Misubishi car navigation system? If I buy CD contains australian street map, can I use it? How do I make use of the system? Or should I chuck it away?

Thanx
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

wow really? if you don't want it i may buy it. what you need to do is find out what sort of map database it requires, then check out www.whereis.com.au they support a few database strutures pretty cheap and with anyluck they'll work. with regads to the translation (i assume its in japanese) not sure what you can do about that i know Unique used to sell a translation kit for the soarer GPS, they may be able to source a Mitsubishi one. but be warned its not cheap (soarer one from memory was almost 2000)

anyway hope this helps
d_stroy_r
Mechanic

Post by d_stroy_r »

I have a aftermarket Carrozzeria dvd/tv/navigation system and it has a cd but it's all in Japanese. I got a quote for the navigation system, but it was over 2 grand so, it's not worth it.
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

what model is yours?
Deeps
Grease Monkey

Post by Deeps »

d_stroy_r wrote:I have a aftermarket Carrozzeria dvd/tv/navigation system and it has a cd but it's all in Japanese. I got a quote for the navigation system, but it was over 2 grand so, it's not worth it.
Yes, what is your Carrozzeria model number?
d_stroy_r
Mechanic

Post by d_stroy_r »

The dvd/navigation is the avic-d919
The tv is the avx-p7700w
scracy
Grease Monkey

navigation system

Post by scracy »

Ive got the factory system that appears in the fto accesories catalog if anyone is interested. 8)
birdbrain

Post by birdbrain »

Thanx Morison, I'll have allok at that website
Cheers
birdbrain

Post by birdbrain »

My one is Mitsubishi navigation system but there is no romote control. Do you think you need a remote control to use it?
d_stroy_r wrote:I have a aftermarket Carrozzeria dvd/tv/navigation system and it has a cd but it's all in Japanese. I got a quote for the navigation system, but it was over 2 grand so, it's not worth it.
d_stroy_r
Mechanic

Post by d_stroy_r »

To tell you the truth, i was fidling around with the remote and the screen done wierd things and that was the only way it worked. It also has this micro-phone thingy, but im not sure what it is (if only i learnt japanese :cry: ).

I wish it could be translated though :cry: :cry: :cry: