in fill car pc- any views?

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

shue
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

in fill car pc- any views?

Post by shue »

saw this in this months hot 4's . a completely built up car pc . check out the website http://www.maxice.com.au/indexa.html. any ideas if this is any good ? has anyone actually seen one in action? ive been thinking of a carputer but if this any good , might as well get this and and save myself the hassle of making one
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

The link don't work bro, is it the right address?
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

worked for me kev?
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

That website doesn't work for me :?

I plan on installing one of these this year (funds permitting :roll: ).

This forum is a wealth of information: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin There are even a couple of FTOs there :wink:
LED ALL the things.
AJ
Oldtimer

Post by AJ »

GAV's got one. He built his own. It's really good and he's done his dash very well too. Looks factory.
bigpitty1
Mechanic

Post by bigpitty1 »

Yeah I saw it too in hot4s, I reacon it would be good to have one, but it looks exspensive, so way I can afford it, unless I win the LOTTO.
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

link works for me now :? think their site mustha been down.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Man apart from the intro, none of their link works, & they suppose to be a multimedia company?? :roll:

I've actually got a very similar product at work, same size, everything is the same except it doesn't have the GPS. So I take they just upgraded the software to it.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

I've actually got a very similar product at work, same size, everything is the same except it doesn't have the GPS. So I take they just upgraded the software to it.
any good kev???? i like the idea of a carputer but cbf makin one for myself.
yea i noticed their site is pretty dodgy but good concept though
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Yeah well these product are 99% from China & at the moment, I have to say they are average. You get people who will try to milk these kind of products & swear they are the best thing since slice bread. :roll:
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

, I have to say they are average. You get people who will try to milk these kind of products & swear they are the best thing since slice bread.
they want around 5k for it. hey kev can i come around some day and take a look at the one u got?
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

$5k?? Man i better do some software intergration & start flogging them too.
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

These are being sold by www.mp3car.com for 2000 US $ .

http://store.mp3car.com/ProductDetails. ... =SDK%2D007

mp3 car has uploaded their own software onto it which they call street decks.
<div><strong>My Car for Sale - Contact Me</strong></div><br>
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

guys dont do it... its not worth $5k.

If you really want it then buy a $2k laptop and have it fitted into your dash or something, it will probably be a faster computer then this thing.

Dont get me wrong, great idea, decent product but... $_$' way too expensive.

btw... when they say that they dont use normal pc components, so it's all blah blah great.. they really mean: "we use some laptop parts and rubber washers"

I'm actually in the middle of building a computer into my car right now... by "in the middle" i mean i'm buying a 8" (or a 7. something) touch screen from Taiwan in a month or so, and I have figured out that it is going to cost me $1400/1500 to put it all into my car... I'm ripping the interior of the car apart next week to find some room to put it in.

so i guess i'll have to see how it turns out...

but 1500$ seems a lot better than $5K

anyways

Cheers.
Y
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia