Danny's And Jeff's 6A13 turbo Conversions

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Nacho
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by Nacho »

Yeah where did you get that info from?
You never get a second chance to make a first impression.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

coco pops packet.
Nacho
Oldtimer

Post by Nacho »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Next to 'Help Coco Find His Way Out Of The Maze'! :lol:
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

lol.. Liquidity is known to be a bit of a copy >> paster! 8)

(and he doesn't actually own a FTO just yet :P )
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
Liquidity
Grease Monkey

Post by Liquidity »

nowhere, i just thought about possible ways to do it, and i know about the stock 2jz-gte setup.

And i still maintain twin turbo's more hassle than its worth.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

Liquidity wrote:nowhere, i just thought about possible ways to do it, and i know about the stock 2jz-gte setup.

And i still maintain twin turbo's more hassle than its worth.
lol
Nacho
Oldtimer

Post by Nacho »

Unless you get your hands on a v8 Lotus Esprit :twisted:
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

or the Maserati 3200GT. GroupBuy anyone? :lol:
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
Nacho
Oldtimer

Post by Nacho »

FTO338 wrote:or the Maserati 3200GT. GroupBuy anyone? :lol:
Put me down for 5

1 for Me, Ken, Chris, Max and Kev...........then put it all on Kev's credit card! :lol:
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

Nacho wrote:
FTO338 wrote:or the Maserati 3200GT. GroupBuy anyone? :lol:
Put me down for 5

1 for Me, Ken, Chris, Max and Kev...........then put it all on Kev's credit card! :lol:
Geez you people expect so much from Kev, it's not like he's made of money.

Don't worry about getting one for me Kev, I'll settle for an Exige :wink:
LED ALL the things.
Liquidity
Grease Monkey

Post by Liquidity »

I see your exige and raise you a 4wd fto with the spare $40k spent on suspension and rubber :P
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Supplanter don't u mean the Exige S :lol:

Liquidity, why spend so much on a FTO when the 3200GT basically looks the same, just much faster heeheh

My Diners don't have a limit so i can get them all for you, but you guys have to sign a contract of 40% p.a interest, calculated daily :twisted:

Bargain I say. :lol:

Start a list people, but at the garbo section or dannyboyau or Jeff going to kill me for way off the topic.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
Nacho
Oldtimer

Post by Nacho »

Ok back to turbos then. My main question really was that whether a low mount turbo was do-able using the 6A13TT. I've read somewhere that low mount turbo was tried on the 6A12 MIVEC but had problems with oil return and water ingestion. But the definite plus side if you were to overcome these problems would be a cooler system with the turbo also being cooled by air flowing under the chassis.

True/False?
Jeff
Grease Monkey

Post by Jeff »

Hi all.
Just a quick update, I may be selling my baby soon. I want it to go to good home the biggest problem is the legality.
At present 306kw atw is truely not legal, so if anyone is interested buying it nonregistered let me know. Otherwise I may have to swap turbos, and do a fair bit of work to get a safety certificate.
Any suggestions or offers?
Jeff
manofwood
Veteran Mechanic

Post by manofwood »

i cant stop looking at the girls, then the 306kwatw, the girls, the kw.....
mivec24

Post by mivec24 »

Hi good day everyone. I am a new member but not to ftos. I am also an owner of an fto with 6a13 engine conversion.
My set up initially was fairly basic just engine whats not with a huge intercooler i found the twin turbos gave tremendous low down but upstairs was nothing i tuned for an air fuel ratio of 11.8 with a piggy back evos and stis were nothing however because of a mishap where the blades of one of my turbos broke apart and pieces of the turbo went in between the valves i had to pull down.
This is where the real work began. Now to begin i knew i was not buying back twin turbos again so i was going single turbo however i wasn;t about the lag associated so what do u do. I overhauled engine in full. Fresh valves,pistons,rods,piston rings, all seals head gaskit everything. The block was bored and 0.5mm oversized pistons were installed. The manifold was built and compression was raised to produce even great hp and faster spool up time. Full 3 inch down pipe and exhaust and the turbo used is XS Power super T70. I have now water spray for intercooler, as well as water injection to cool intake charge and to prevent any detonation to go with that i am using ngk iridiums heat range 9s. I am using stage 4 clutch and pressure plate, factory lsd,solid front and rear mounts,full standalone and i have upgraded the injectors to 560cc howeverr because i am using the batch ignition system it will take a lot for me to max out those injectors.
The car i have not pushed it pass 8 psi as yet for i had no reason to its that aggressive.I have put down a 12.5 quarter on 8psi of boost.I raised the rpm to 8000rpm and i have tuned it up to that rpm. I am using an air fuel ratio of 11.4.
However what is the maxiumum boost the engine can take i want to push the limits now let me know urgently.
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

mivec24 wrote:Hi good day everyone. I am a new member but not to ftos. I am also an owner of an fto with 6a13 engine conversion.
My set up initially was fairly basic just engine whats not with a huge intercooler i found the twin turbos gave tremendous low down but upstairs was nothing i tuned for an air fuel ratio of 11.8 with a piggy back evos and stis were nothing however because of a mishap where the blades of one of my turbos broke apart and pieces of the turbo went in between the valves i had to pull down.
This is where the real work began. Now to begin i knew i was not buying back twin turbos again so i was going single turbo however i wasn;t about the lag associated so what do u do. I overhauled engine in full. Fresh valves,pistons,rods,piston rings, all seals head gaskit everything. The block was sitting here beating off and 0.5mm oversized pistons were installed. The manifold was built and compression was raised to produce even great hp and faster spool up time. Full 3 inch down pipe and exhaust and the turbo used is XS Power super T70. I have now water spray for intercooler, as well as water injection to cool intake charge and to prevent any detonation to go with that i am using ngk iridiums heat range 9s. I am using stage 4 clutch and pressure plate, factory lsd,solid front and rear mounts,full standalone and i have upgraded the injectors to 560cc howeverr because i am using the batch ignition system it will take a lot for me to max out those injectors.
The car i have not pushed it pass 8 psi as yet for i had no reason to its that aggressive.I have put down a 12.5 quarter on 8psi of boost.I raised the rpm to 8000rpm and i have tuned it up to that rpm. I am using an air fuel ratio of 11.4.
However what is the maxiumum boost the engine can take i want to push the limits now let me know urgently.
sounds interesting... where are you located? did you do the engine conversion yourself?

pics please!!! :lol:
mivec24

Post by mivec24 »

Yup did the engine conversion myself its not difficult i don;t know why men make it seem so hard.I took out that engine and put it back in 3 times. Project took me 3 days to do. I am using vr4 front disc and calipers. I am actually using stock radiator with two high flow fans that are always on my engine temps don;t move pass 75 degrees. I was using an aluminum radiator i can tell u waste of time. Aluminium radiators hold heat longer to me and my temps rise to like above 100 degrees now just don;t. My intake temps are as low as 23 degrees so i am happy.
I now have to now tune the car now again for the injectors i have now for i only now recently installed the standalone and the injector which will now be running batch injection. So i right now i am pig rich. So far i have a friend with a mivec colt rs turbo charged and another friend with a turbo charged 1900 peugeot the colt has put down 278hp to the wheels thats a 1600 colt and the peugeot is 270 to the wheels. I really am aiming to get 400hp thats my goal.
I am located in Barbados small island in the caribbean. My car has had in the 6a13 engine now for just over 3 years. Richard b and i correspond fairly often since at the time he did his i was gaining info from him and i can tell u guys get rid of the air flow meter its the biggest piece of garbage money can buy.
mivec24

Post by mivec24 »

how can i send pics.
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

email them to me at jon241@optusnet.com.au and ill post them up for you!

if the conversion is easy as you say it is... i would love this conversion too... i got a couple of questions though

how did you fit the twin turbos in?
did the standard engine mounts fit?
what gearbox did you use?
did you use the 6a13 ecu?