Turbo Manifold

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

bigpitty1
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Turbo Manifold

Post by bigpitty1 »

Looking at that twin turbo mivec motor gave me some ideas and I might try to do a twin turbo setup somewhere in the future as a project...I just wanted to make sure that the turbo manifolds off a 6a12TT from the galant do fit on the mivec motor with out and modifications, and I was also wondering if it would be the same with the 6a13.

I have heard things about with the 6a13 that the rear turbo don't fit in the engine bay of the FTO because they will hit the firewall so thats why they are converted into single, is that true, would there be anything else that the turbo's will get in the way, because looking at the RPW extractors at the front, they are pretty close to the thermo fan.
spetz
Oldtimer

Post by spetz »

Well, considering I saw the engine in real life, I can tell you it all looks standard.
I am pretty sure, the internals from that engine are 6A12TT internals as well, in the MIVEC block with heads.

That engine is for sale by the way.

I think, it's still easier though to just use stock FTO extractors to a larger single turbo.

If you are stuck on twin turbo and it doesn't fit due to the firewall, I am sure custom turbo manifold would solve that problem
bigpitty1
Mechanic

Post by bigpitty1 »

I sorta like the idea of having twin turbo's, I know its a lot more complicated with all the plumbing and then getting all the oil lines hooked up, but it is something different to everyone else, I have even had plans of supercharging.
bigpitty1
Mechanic

Post by bigpitty1 »

how much is that engine buy the way, if you know.
RichardB
Grease Monkey

Re: Turbo Manifold

Post by RichardB »

bigpitty1 wrote:I have heard things about with the 6a13 that the rear turbo don't fit in the engine bay of the FTO because they will hit the firewall so thats why they are converted into single, is that true, would there be anything else that the turbo's will get in the way, because looking at the RPW extractors at the front, they are pretty close to the thermo fan.
Thats correct I had to bow the bulk head to get the rear turbo in
The World's fastest FTO - sub 9's checkout www.mitsubishi-fto.net to see the latest time.

Sponsored by : NR Autosport, RB Performance, PPG Gearboxes, IPG Parts, S1 Chiropractic
spetz
Oldtimer

Post by spetz »

I don't know how much the engine is
All I know is I had to pay another $3k for the engine over a FTO one, but thats with intercooler etc
But, the killer was a full standalone ECU to run it

Just got too much $$$