ROYAL CHILDRENS HOSPITAL APPEAL CRUISE FRIDAY THE 14TH APRIL

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

sxcfto
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

ROYAL CHILDRENS HOSPITAL APPEAL CRUISE FRIDAY THE 14TH APRIL

Post by sxcfto »

After the success of the 2003 & 2004 cruise and the support which this group achieved through the Melbourne modified car scean, The Melbourne Car Cruise Registry in conjunction with The Herald-Sun and The Royal Childrens Hospital are proud to present the 2006 Good Friday Appeal Cruise, on Good Friday, the 14th of April, in support of The Royal Childrens Hospital Appeal.
A lot of us and some parents have been associated in some way with the great work which the Royal Childrens Hospital in Melbourne has given the community. Now its our turn to give back to the hospital which has helped so many people in the Melbourne community, as well as people all around Australia and the world.
We have been talking to the Royal Childrens Hospital as well as Channel Seven and the Victorian police and will be running a cruise to raise money for the hospital, to enure that the benefits of this great hospital is available for many years to come.
The cruise will be running from Bunnings Warehouse in Vermont South and then be moving around to various points around Melbourne. Unfortunatly, due to health and saftey issues, we will be unable to use the "Telstra Dome" to park like last year. The Victoria Police have been notified about this cruise. All money raised from map sales will be put towards the appeal, as well as any money which you can add in the form of a donation.
It will be a fun cruise, the more people and cars we get to come, the more money we raise.
So get out there and spread the word about this cruise, it would be great to get as many cars as possible out there to show the community just what the modified car scean is about, but most of all, do it for the kids!

GIVE THAT THEY MAY GROW!!!!!!!!!

A very special thanks to Bunnings Warehouse for letting us use the Vermont South carpark to start this cruise.

Meet Point - Vermont South Bunnings Warehouse - Burwood Hwy Vermont South.

Date - Good Friday, 14th April 2004

Meet Time - 2.45pm
Meet Depart - 4pm

Flyer can be found at

www.rchcruise.org
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

On the flyer it said "If your club would like to be affiliated please contact us directly via email"

I think this is a good idea, as apart we helping the needed, we can also have a good exposure to the right people.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
Nacho
Oldtimer

Post by Nacho »

Who exactly are the right people Kev just out of curiosity?
tarkus
Mechanic

Post by tarkus »

SXCFTO

put me down as 99.9% going, anyone else from the eastern suburbs :?:

For those not going have a great easter and CYA on the next cruise.

Tarkus
Money can't buy happiness, but it can help you look for it quicker, in a convertible.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Nacho wrote:Who exactly are the right people Kev just out of curiosity?
What I mean is right type of attention from the authorities :wink:

Rob I've send an email to them already, so hopefully I get more info for everyone soon.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

will confirm. I need to check if I'm going down to my holiday house or not for easter...
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

I've got a reply from them & hopefully we have our club logo up on their site soon.

Anyway they are looking for some volunteers to help with marshalling, etc.. so I'll be one. Anyone else interested for helping out? I need to send them back a reply.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

yeah I'II be in Kev...sounds like fun!

**** edit...

now looks like I can't go :(
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

So i guess u out right chris?
Nacho
Oldtimer

Post by Nacho »

Is this a spouse related incident Chris? :lol: :lol: :lol:
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

yeah I was told "NO"

lol yeah see what happens...might go on the cruise and just say I'm going down to KFC....
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Thats a mighty long lunch Chris ahahahah how could your mrsss say no to a charity?
Nacho
Oldtimer

Post by Nacho »

Hahaha :lol: That's funny..........although I could easily go down to KFC and eat that long coz it's just sooooooo gooooood! :twisted:
tarkus
Mechanic

Post by tarkus »

I will be there for sure.

anyone else going, Kev said he was going to be a marshal, do you get a badge and a gun for that job?

Cya @ Bunnings!

Tarkus
Money can't buy happiness, but it can help you look for it quicker, in a convertible.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

eheheh I think I get a tin can & chasing ppl for donation ehehehe :D
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Started off with a great weather, at least 200 cars turn up. But by the time I left Bunning, me & my mrsss is soaking wet :? So we decided to give the cruise a miss.

Thanks for all the boys in the club who come along & donated. My tin was around $200 in 2hrs, not a bad effort. :D

One disappointed note, there was a midnight blue FTO who just snobed everyone, didn't donate, I had a 10sec chat to him & I know Rob chatted to him for few mins as well.

Shame on you for just thinking it’s a mega cruise & just want to join in & act tough. :roll:

Gav is good I finally put a face to a person after 1yr :wink:

Rob can you please post up the pics that you took
SILVERFISH
VIC Coordinator

Post by SILVERFISH »

FTO338 wrote:Gav is good I finally put a face to a person after 1yr :wink:
cheers kev... likewise buddy :wink:
looked like i got outta there just before the rain hit :lol:

p.s. woulda donated more for an FTO aus sticker!!!! :lol:
[url=http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13989][img]http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/8793/ftoclick6gx5.png[/img][/url]
noccers
Grease Monkey

Post by noccers »

spewin' I missed you guys, i got there just in time to see everyone start leaving (about 10 to 4). We started to cruise with everyone but had no idea where it was going so we turned off shortly after.

Oh well, always next year. Oh, and to the dude in the white FTO on his Ps (THY-???) -- g'day ;) you were the only FTO I saw at that time.
gawk; talk; date; wine; grep; touch; unzip; strip; touch; gasp; finger; gasp; mount; fsck; more; yes; fsck; gasp; eject; umount; make clean; make mrproper; sleep;

successful trades: d_stroy_r, shue, mxysxy, dstocks
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

We were still there at 10 to 4?? White FTO? Didn't see any :? People started to head to stage 1 around 3:30pm, so if you were there, half the cars are already gone.

I take that you didn't donate? If you did then you would of got a map of where anyone is going. :wink:
noccers
Grease Monkey

Post by noccers »

Nah, as I drove up to bunnings I saw a bunch of cars leaving so I thought everyone was moving on cos kick off was meant to be at 4. Saw the dude in the white FTO and headed the way he was going, then realised I had no idea where that was so the mrs and i went elsewhere
gawk; talk; date; wine; grep; touch; unzip; strip; touch; gasp; finger; gasp; mount; fsck; more; yes; fsck; gasp; eject; umount; make clean; make mrproper; sleep;

successful trades: d_stroy_r, shue, mxysxy, dstocks