SINGLE DIN CONVERSION

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

mcgal
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

SINGLE DIN CONVERSION

Post by mcgal »

Hey All

Putting in an aftermarket Single Din HU to my FTO which has the stock double din one from Japan.

Question

Do I have to buy mounting brackets to do this or can I use the stock ones and just put in a generic pocket in? If so what type of pocket and where would I get it from?

Is there anyone who has done this, can you please advise me of what I will need to replace the Double Din to Single Din.

Many Thanks
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

Just in the process of doing this myself.

Assuming you have the brackets (I didn't :evil: ) you can fix 2 single DINs to them. It's a standard size so anything that says "DIN" should fit.

If you don't have the brackets, they are the same as the CE Lancer. you can buy them from an authorised parts dealer (try your local Mitsubishi dealer)

Part Numbers: MB874343 and MB874344 (one for the right, one for the left). I payed $34.06 for both of them.

Now all I need are some screws to put it all together... are these a generic thing I can get from Bunnings etc?
LED ALL the things.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

yeah its best to buy the brackets...makes things so much easier..I got them cos some1 did a dodge job on mine and it makes life so much easier.

The brackets utalise a mounting point for support..i.e. they don't just hang of the front screws...this makes it very secure. I have a double din unit ATM and this really requires the support.

However I actually made up some brackets myself just for the front, took a while to get it right but it can be done...but mine didn't use the same support....

do urself a favor and buy the brackets...I got mine from FunkyStyling in the UK cos I'm lazy to go and get them from a shop.

KJ