Post Whoring

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post Whoring

Post by Sparhawk »

Just thought I'd point out the fact we have now overtaken ACT for topics and total posts. :twisted:

Look out NSW, your next 8O
[color=blue]Death is life's way of telling you - you're fired.[/color]
Oh Bugger, my sig block pic has dropped off the host ;(
scarecrow
Veteran Mechanic

Post by scarecrow »

Bring it, if you wanna start sh*t then i'll head down to my local politician and put it to them that nsw should take over new zealand, seeing as though your army is our army, we'll own you guys in no time and your post count will be borged into our mighty NSW postcount.
[img]http://members.iinet.net.au/~viper39/carbw.jpg[/img]
lunatic
Apprentice

Post by lunatic »

You got told steve! I'm not quite sure what you got told, but he definitely said something in response......... :lol:
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

PFFFT... trying to beat NSW in posts...

Even if you do manage to beat them, you will still be 2nd best to us Vics by a long, loooooooooooooooooooooong way...

Give up now and don't bother wasting your time :wink:
LED ALL the things.
mrx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by mrx »

No - lets continue this argument, and in the SA forum too. I think it is a good venue for it.

I noticed that we had moved ahead actually, and was going to say something, but modesty prevented me. And I was too busy looking at my shiny new trophy :D

So NSW - your next!!! And as for Victoria, well, I don't actually care :wink:
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

mrx wrote:No - lets continue this argument, and in the SA forum too. I think it is a good venue for it.

I noticed that we had moved ahead actually, and was going to say something, but modesty prevented me. And I was too busy looking at my shiny new trophy :D

So NSW - your next!!! And as for Victoria, well, I don't actually care :wink:
No-one really cares about Victoria... except Victorians... :lol:
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

Has anyone considered the difficulty factor. I mean if you were to multiply our posts by the population ratio compared to VIC and NSW, Im sure we would be WAAAY out in front...
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

OK, so I had a quiet morning at work...

Adjusted topics and posts per million population (2001 census)

Topics per million

ACT.. 226
SA.... 46
VIC.. 44
TAS.. 32
QLD.. 20
NSW.. 16
WA.... 3

Posts per million

ACT.. 2483
VIC.. 823
SA.... 509
NSW.. 285
QLD.. 160
TAS.. 90
WA.... 10

Just goes to show ACT is full of hot air...
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

scarecrow wrote:Bring it, if you wanna start sh*t then i'll head down to my local politician and put it to them that nsw should take over new zealand, seeing as though your army is our army, we'll own you guys in no time and your post count will be borged into our mighty NSW postcount.
Right. This means war. We're gunna merge with NT (since its already part of SA anyway) and add their posts to ours and... umm... DAMN :cry:
lunatic
Apprentice

Post by lunatic »

Those results from that census are null and void Steve. The baby bonus came in after that was done and as we all know, single mums all over australia have been working hard (flat out! :lol:) to get their money! ;)

So the population would have boomed a few years ago!
mrx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by mrx »

While that is correct, you would assume that the ratio of child bearing mums would remain reasonably constant, so for the purpose of the extrapolation of the posts per capita investigation, it would still serve a reasonable purpose.

Or, we could just move most of the NSW and Vic posts into say gibberish corner, because that is where they belong, and we would be in front!

Just a few clicks of the mouse button.... :wink:
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

Well, further to that, if we assume that the population growth as a result of the "baby bonus" was proportional across all states, the ratio would remain constant.

ie. NSW pop in 2001 was 6.7 million, and in SA was 1.5 million, so lets say the birthrate remained constant, so 67 babies in NSW to every 15 in SA.

Thus whilst the number of posts per million will decrease with a higher population, the effective placings of the states with respect to each other would remain the same.

If however, we assume the number of single mums in places like Mt Druit (nothing against Mt Druit, just an example :) ) worked extra extra hard for the government payment, then the ratio in NSW would drop even further, and before long they would be on par with WA.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

You dont think this has more to do with the availability of extra curricular activities provided by your little shire?? :D I do. I mean grabbing a pie floater & checking out churches aint my idea of fun... neither is stuffing corpses into barrels & popping them under my local bank :P

And as for the VICs.... well I spose a city having the largest population of greeks outside Athens is bound to have a fair size modified car scene. Latte sipping, turtle neck wearing wankers aside of course :lol:

And well... NSW... and Mt Druitt. As they say, there is nothing more confusing than fathers Day in Mt Druitt!
mrx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by mrx »

Some person from noisy, smelly, expensive, un-livable and generally overrated Sydney wrote:You dont think this has more to do with the availability of extra curricular activities provided by your little shire?? :D I do. I mean grabbing a pie floater & checking out churches aint my idea of fun... neither is stuffing corpses into barrels & popping them under my local bank :P
Most people who say things like that usually haven't been here in the first place. I mean, if you had driven (say) Old Norton Summit Road to Lobethal, then realise that it starts like 10 minutes from the city, and there are no tolls or liklihood of being car jacked on the way, then you might just change your mind.

And Ben, have you ever actually tried the bank vault thing? It is more fun than you might think.

**looks around quickly**

Oh damn, have I said too much? The above comment had nothing to do with our move to Adelaide either. Honest.
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

mrx wrote:And Ben, have you ever actually tried the bank vault thing? It is more fun than you might think.

**looks around quickly**

Oh damn, have I said too much? The above comment had nothing to do with our move to Adelaide either. Honest.
So how many ppl can you fit in an FTO boot ? BAHAHAHA
mrx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by mrx »

Enough....
testlabmonkey
Grease Monkey

Post by testlabmonkey »

OMG speaking of gibberish can someone please move this post there.... i dont want it associated with SA :P.... oh and as for the baby bonus thing with suburbs like salisbury and noarlunga south im sure SA population has boomed far more than other states :P.
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

Nice... all in the one sentence too. Condemn the topic then add your own 2 cents ROFL
mrx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by mrx »

I think everyone should tel us to stop actually....or just move gibberish corner to the SA forum. Then we'll see whos got the best numbers!
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

OK OK. Ill stop.

I promise :twisted: