May Cruise - Sunday 21st - Goolwa - pics posted

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

sonic
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by sonic »

Sparhawk wrote: Oh, and I wouldnt be counting on the promo girls coming, they wont all fit in my car. (well they would but then I'd have trouble driving...)

Ive got 4 doors and lots of room in the EVO!!!! And Im sure the girls would love to ride in a real car!! :P

Jaime
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

Ahh you adelaide people are just copying our sydney cruise date :P
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

sonic wrote:
Sparhawk wrote: Oh, and I wouldnt be counting on the promo girls coming, they wont all fit in my car. (well they would but then I'd have trouble driving...)

Ive got 4 doors and lots of room in the EVO!!!! And Im sure the girls would love to ride in a real car!! :P

Jaime
That's right, the girls will come if they get to ride in a REAL car, which is why they'd most probably show up in Sparhawk's FTO :P
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

Looking at the forcast for Sunday

Wednesday ..... Fine. High cloud ..... Min 8 ... Max 19
Thursday ..... Fine. Mostly sunny ..... Min 10 ... Max 19
Friday ..... Fine day. Evening showers ..... Min 11 ... Max 20
Saturday ..... A few showers ..... Min 11 ... Max 17
Sunday ..... Shower or two ..... Min 8 ... Max 14
Monday ..... Mainly fine ..... Min 8 ... Max 14

I hope the weather comes thru a bit quicker, and we get the rain out of the way BEFORE Sunday...
[color=blue]Death is life's way of telling you - you're fired.[/color]
Oh Bugger, my sig block pic has dropped off the host ;(
testlabmonkey
Grease Monkey

Post by testlabmonkey »

weather update. Sunday in adelaide is 14C and cloudy (no rain) Victor Harbour is 12C (no rain) so should be perfect for driving hard.... cold air and dry roads :).

So we need a plan of the cruise as i will be coming up from Goolwa that morning so i need to work out when and where to meet up with you guys.
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

testlabmonkey wrote:weather update. Sunday in adelaide is 14C and cloudy (no rain) Victor Harbour is 12C (no rain) so should be perfect for driving hard.... cold air and dry roads :).
SWEEEEEET :twisted:
mrx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by mrx »

Yep - we do need a plan of the cruise.

Lets see.....work tomorrow. Perfect time for it!
mrx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by mrx »

Well, another cruise completed and another excellent day. Weather was not perfect - few scattered showers on the way down, but did not really interfere to any great extent.

Was amusing to have the only EVO that turned up to the EVO/GSR cruise (meeting at same spot and time today) head off with us rather than with them! Of course, he had to go south anyway, but was a nice touch all the same... :wink:

And the car made it back this time - managing to make it past the spot where it broke down before. Was a nervous time leading up to that - for not real good reason of course.

Attached are a few pictures of the day.

Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

Yeah, nice day out. Just one question Shaun... What ever happened to the wine tasting ??? :lol:

My photo's are similar to yours, so I wont bother posting them. The scattered car shot came up well (pity about the two "other" cars in the background) and I really like the staggered photo looking up the hill.

Great day, thanx for those that turned up (even those with hangovers LOL), and I think Ill sneak a FTOA sticker onto Jamies EVO, since he keeps coming with us... honourary FTO :twisted:

P.S. How cool did it look with the 4 FTO's driving in formation on the way home 8)
sonic
Apprentice

Post by sonic »

You guys missed all the action in Clarendon!!!

The Torago that got between the FTO's and me HIT THE BRIDGE leaving Clarendon!!!

Yep side swipped it, swerved across the road, over corrected and only just managed to hang on to it!!

Hence I backed off a bit and took a bit longer than expected to catch up......I was a bit nervous to get to close to him!!

Still once again......the FTO cruise was a good cruise (although you guys need to pick up the pace in the twisty hills!! :twisted: )

Jaime

Oh and Ill take the FTO sticker...Im sure i can modify it so its an EVO sticker!!
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

Wow, Thought you were getting held up a bit. Now I know why... How can you side swipe the bridge ? Its not as if he was going real fast was he ? It was a Tarago after all...

As for the pace thru the hills, when you get stuck behind traffic on twisty roads, there's not much you can do...
mrx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by mrx »

And when there is rain around.....all well and good for those with AWD and fancy shmancy computers to do the driving for them.

Need to find some good photo spots though - perhaps one day just a general cruise around for photo's day! I am sure we can find some interesting places to take them.
sonic
Apprentice

Post by sonic »

Sparhawk wrote:
As for the pace thru the hills, when you get stuck behind traffic on twisty roads, there's not much you can do...

Geez......dont be so hard on MrX......next time just get him to pull over and let us past!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jaime
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

mrx wrote:Need to find some good photo spots though - perhaps one day just a general cruise around for photo's day! I am sure we can find some interesting places to take them.
Sounds like a good idea. Im all up for that. And i'll wash the car first too :D
sonic wrote:Geez......dont be so hard on MrX......next time just get him to pull over and let us past!!
Yeah he's unpredictable too. Slams on the brakes to take a tight hairpin left with no warning... :twisted:
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

Ah well I'm sure out cruise in NSW was better :lol: jk :P

We had 4 as well!
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

sublime19 wrote:Ah well I'm sure out cruise in NSW was better :lol: jk :P

We had 4 as well!
Sounds like you had fun on your first cruise Sublime. Good to hear. As for being better, have you ever driven thru the Adelaide hills ? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
mrx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by mrx »

Slams on brakes? Merely tapped them. Not my fault mine stop better than yours.

And if anyone else wants to lead - more than happy to follow! And if you want to see who's quicker, lets step onto the track, shall we? :twisted:
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

mrx wrote:Slams on brakes? Merely tapped them. Not my fault mine stop better than yours.

And if anyone else wants to lead - more than happy to follow! And if you want to see who's quicker, lets step onto the track, shall we? :twisted:
I dont know about stopping better... I didnt hit you did I ? :roll:

As for the track, I dont know how you'd fare against the Evo, but if you try lemme know so I can watch, and cheer on the FTO :twisted:
Darith
Apprentice

Post by Darith »

nice pics guys.... :D

could not make it :cry: , i was in whyalla working got back yesterday night,

ill just wait untill the next one :D , and hope nothing comes up :evil:
sonic
Apprentice

Post by sonic »

mrx wrote:And if anyone else wants to lead - more than happy to follow! And if you want to see who's quicker, lets step onto the track, shall we? :twisted:
Geez.......this almost sounds like the WWF...............

"if ya smell what MrX is Cookin'!!" :lol:

So my reply.......

Lets get ready to rumble!!! :lol:

Jaime