What sort of ICE setup do you have on your FTO?

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

rxboy
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by rxboy »

Finally got my ICE installed:

Alpine MRV-340 amp (4x55W RMS)
Alpine SPR-694A 6x9" 50W RMS rears
Alpine SPR-176A 6" 50W RMS splits in the front

Makes for great sound without sacrificing boot space or space-saver tire :D . And the bass is strong enough to make objects in the rear view mirror appear blurrier than they are :lol:
Gajza

Post by Gajza »

My system has a

Boss 3000wrms AMP
2 x 12' Sony Xplod Pentagon Subs
2 x Sony Front Components
Pair of 6" x 9" Sony Xplod
Clarion CD Headunit. High Quilty Output Model.

I choose sony because they have the best looking cone and they sound quite good for want you pay for them. This setup has enough power to shake the sh*t out of the car and hurts your stomach and ears if your within 15 meters of the Car. I am upgrading to some audiobahn 12" 1200wrms subs. and buying other boss amp.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

some pics of your setup would be awesome Gajza....
SilentBob
Mechanic

Post by SilentBob »

Well seeing as we are talking new systems ill list what ended up in my ride...

Panasonic Head Deck(same as GPXXX's...its so perrty)
Audison SRX3 3 Channel Amp
Hertz HSK165 Splits in the front
Phoenix Gold 12" DVC Sub in the boot in a rather plain looking enclosure(i told you it was ordinary looking steve :P )

Sounds pretty good(or so i think anyway ;) )

SilentBob
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

wtf... my head deck is 'perrty??"

...how insulting man! :P

J/K bro... haha, can't help myself but being overjoyed that i have less than 10mins to go until i finish work... hehehe!
Gajza

Post by Gajza »

I havn't put it in my car but me and my mate tested the setup last night in this car. i will post pics of mine when done.
indyfto
Grease Monkey

Post by indyfto »

I'm a little bored at the moment so here's my stuff - entirely Alpine equipment...

6.5" Screen headunit
6.5" DDDrive flagship front components
2 x 10" ZR subs in sealed enclosure
2 x V12 Amps
2 x 12 CD stackers
Minidisc player
EQ/DSP
TV tuner
Playstation 2

etc etc :D
thecook
Mechanic

Post by thecook »

for those with a ps2/xbox, can u play mp3's with a chip?

where did u put your ps2/xbox?
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

i've read on other forums that apparently yes you can get mod chips for PS2 that plays all regional DVDs and MP3s as well.. can't remember what it's called exactly... If you go to swap meets one day, I'm sure there are g33ks out there who knows their sh*t about these things...

the only concern i have is shock absorbence though'... will it cause any damage if someone was playing a game, watching movies or listening to MP3 in your car with the PS2 as you inadvertently drive over a pothole??
d_stroy_r
Mechanic

Post by d_stroy_r »

nah, the ps2s are pretty sturdy...they should handle the xrta brute force.......unless you unfortunateley flip ova couple times, than it might cause some damage,lol
thecook
Mechanic

Post by thecook »

someone told me that ps2 has anti shock whereas xbox doesnt...

im pretty sure there is a chip that can allow the ps2 to play the works... anyone know how much??

also wondering where would be the most convient place to put the ps2?
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

not sure if it'll fit inside the glovebox...

what about under the seats, or inside the boot? honestly i never seen a PS2 in an FTO before...
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

where were u at the last meet Mikey??? didn't u see Brandon (DZYRME)PS2 in his glove box???

But i got 2 say i've scratched couple of disc before with my PS2 with few minor humbs & bumbs
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
indyfto
Grease Monkey

Post by indyfto »

The PS2 fits into the glovebox exactly, well like a glove actually :D I just slot mine in and out when entering shows in less than 30 seconds. The glovebox is the obvious place to put a PS2.
Raven
Grease Monkey

my I.C.E

Post by Raven »

ya my girlfriend just bought me a PS2 for xmas to put in the car. its going in the glovebox but i think i might have to cut some of the back of the glovebox for cords and stuff. right now my I.C.E setup is:

7" lcd screen (matrix)
JVC MP3/cd player
TV Tuner box
DVD player
Computer:
Via Epia Motherboard 1 Ghz / 80 Gig hard drive
with all Southpark, Futurama, Family guy, Jackass episodes
and just under 8000 MP3s

also the Ps2 goes in in the next day or so.
and i got plans for 2 * 10" subs and amp.
im thinking of buying JL subs and amp or possibly eclipse, however im not sure yet. money is no object however all i want is amp and 2 subs can anyone maby give there opinions on what i should and should not buy?
Whats an FTO?
thecook
Mechanic

Post by thecook »

how do u install a ps2

what would be needed to get the power source (where do u get power source from? how to wire it n stuff??can power source be same as lcd screen) ?

what do u need to connect the sound to the headunit

what do u need to connect the visual to the lcd screen?
Raven
Grease Monkey

Post by Raven »

power for the PS2 is gained through an inverter, it converts 12 volts from the battery into 240 for the ps2.

sound for me goes through the tv tuner box then into the head unit via the input RCA on the head unit, however you can just as easy skip the tuner box, but not all head units have the input RCAs.

and the visual is just the same the lcd screens have an Input lead which connects to the output lead from the PS2.

if you want anymore specific details just msg me and i will try to help out as much as possible.
Whats an FTO?
johndps

Post by johndps »

I have
Sony cd/radio
Alpine 5" components at front
Alpine 5" rear
Old Denon amp
2 12"JL subs
lots more to come
:)
FTO338
Oldtimer

Re: what sort ice

Post by FTO338 »

scracy wrote::lol: Pioneer DEH-8450MP head unit ,Pioneer GM-X564 4-channel amp ,Pioneer GM-X562 2-channel amp (bridged for sub) Infinity Kappa 693.5i 6x9 rear 3 ways , Infinity Kappa 60.5cs 6.5 splits front ,Infinity Kappa Perfect 12.1 12" Subwoofer approx $5000 total, but the sound quality is supurb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well i manage 2 blew up my Infinity Kappa front split :? they only 65w RMS cause is the previous model, so yeah not like yours Scracy which are 90w RMS.

Anyway i'm pretty happy with them, so i want the new type of Infinity to replace the blew up one. So how much did u pay for your front split Scracy? I remember mine cost around $600 when new.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Re: my I.C.E

Post by GPXXX »

Raven wrote:and i got plans for 2 * 10" subs and amp.
im thinking of buying JL subs and amp or possibly eclipse, however im not sure yet. money is no object however all i want is amp and 2 subs can anyone maby give there opinions on what i should and should not buy?
JL Audio subs rock, and i mean that literally! had i not bought my PG Tantrums for $50, i woulda got a JL Audio myself...

other than that i've also heard numerous rave reviews about Kicker Solobaric subs, or you can also opt for Phoenix Gold's new Titanium series...

then again, i could go on forever withuot any specific budget in mind, hehehe...