kick panels, custom parcel shelf and boot install

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

shue
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

kick panels, custom parcel shelf and boot install

Post by shue »

do u guys know a rough guesstimate how much custom kick panels and a parcel shelf would cost if i get it made outta fibre glass . also looking a gettin a full boot build made outta fibre glass to house 2 subs and 2 amps. and where would u guys suggest to go in melb to get it made? are there any factors i have to take into consideration when gettin the boot install as well as the kick panels made?
scarecrow
Veteran Mechanic

Post by scarecrow »

+1 vote for 2x 12" subs positioned through the seat partition hole using most of the boot as their enclosure and pounding directly into the cabin.

Seriously, I want to see that done :P

As a side note to your actual project, just make sure you don't skimp on the sound proofing!! Or the quality of the components I spose... please please please don't go ahead with this if you are doing it on a tight budget!

I'm looking to do my own audio build around the end of the year, boston acoustic splts up front, 6" fill in the parcel shelf, 2x 10" subs in the boot, some big f**k off amps and a dry cell battery in the boot aswell.
[img]http://members.iinet.net.au/~viper39/carbw.jpg[/img]
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

+1 vote for 2x 12" subs positioned through the seat partition hole using most of the boot as their enclosure and pounding directly into the cabin.
have you been reading my threads? thats my system to a tee.
and i agree about the deadner...not only will your speakers in the doors and parcel shelf sound better with more bass but the car will have a more luxourious feel. ie. no road noise or rattles.
i did mine last weekend and i love it. going to do a 2nd layer asap...
some big f*** off amps and a dry cell battery in the boot aswell.
how does a 4000WRMS monoblock running off a 280AH/2000CCA Battery sound? got the price to fix it today... i blew 14 mosfets... $75 ea... work it out.

As far as a quote go into any custom car audio shop and give em a rough idea of what you want. in QLD Gold coast Car Sound are good.

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

check the pics out
this is exactly what ive been thinking about. custom kick panels to go into the doors, maybe angled upwards though. anyone ever made anything like this in their fto's? could u please post up pics so i could get a few ideas. instead of the co'ax's im gonna be gettin 6.5 inch splits in my kick panel. would u get decent sound if i have the tweeter in the kick panel as well? or is that a bad idea?
rnbboi
Mechanic

Post by rnbboi »

shue, follow this site:

http://www.ftodiy.co.uk/

and click on "building fibreglass kickbuilds" under the ICE section. Its similar to what u wanna do :wink:
Darith
Apprentice

Post by Darith »

Hi Shue,

I made some for my car, i take some pics todays and sent them to your email.

Darith
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

got them . looking hot. did u make them urself??? how makin me some as well :D
Last edited by shue on Fri May 26, 2006 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darith
Apprentice

Post by Darith »

Shue

yeah made them my self, there easy to make, just need a little time (weekend) and you can make them.
rnbboi
Mechanic

Post by rnbboi »

holy crap...

DIY please :wink: :D

Im so up for a get together "DIY weekend" hahaha

Damn Darith, thats some nice stuff...
Dr_Jones
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Dr_Jones »

How's that amp go upside down? Have you had any heat issues?
Darith
Apprentice

Post by Darith »

There is two parts to the install, the amp is on a piece of wood and screwed down to the boot lid, and the other is just like a lid just fits over the amp and screwed down on the side corners.

There is no problem with the amp getting hot, after a drive, i feel the amp and is just warm sometimes not even warm (cold).

I dont crank the bass hard, just like to have a balance.
Darith
Apprentice

Post by Darith »

The sub is free air, not enclosed box, which i'm loosing a lot of bass.

The box is easy to make, but then i would need to take out my rear strut brace, but i'm taking handing over sound.
Darith
Apprentice

Post by Darith »

On the weekend i completed a new boot set-up, replacing my 12inch with two 10inch and placed vinyl on it, i'll post a DIY very soon, so if anyone wants to give it ago.

Materials = $200
Labour = 2 days
Darith
Apprentice

Post by Darith »

Check out link below:

www.bootinstall.zoomshare.com