Got the quote for fixing my Amp.

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

FtoSam
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Got the quote for fixing my Amp.

Post by FtoSam »

Okay here's the diagnosis:
2 out of 4 Channels are fried. each channel has 7 Mosfets. so 14 Mosfets. quote to import Fets from UK... $75 EACH!!! quote was $1100 to repair. $1050 was just the mosfets.... anyway, i got onto a supplier at work (WES Components) they didn't have them. I left a msg for them to try and find some. because i would order 14 of them. they got back to me with a price of $5.50 each.... I'm going to call them tomorow and double check.... but does that sound too cheap? i almost died when i got the call...suddenly my repairs went from $1100 to more like $110.... just wanted to express my happiness... I'll post up tomorow whether or not they are actually the same item... if so i'll be a happy man..... or woman.... depending on your view of the whole thing... err... umm...

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Re: Got the quote for fixing my Amp.

Post by khunjeng »

Samson wrote:Okay here's the diagnosis:
2 out of 4 Channels are fried. each channel has 7 Mosfets. so 14 Mosfets. quote to import Fets from UK... $75 EACH!!! quote was $1100 to repair. $1050 was just the mosfets.... anyway, i got onto a supplier at work (WES Components) they didn't have them. I left a msg for them to try and find some. because i would order 14 of them. they got back to me with a price of $5.50 each.... I'm going to call them tomorow and double check.... but does that sound too cheap? i almost died when i got the call...suddenly my repairs went from $1100 to more like $110.... just wanted to express my happiness... I'll post up tomorow whether or not they are actually the same item... if so i'll be a happy man..... or woman.... depending on your view of the whole thing... err... umm...
can u post the actual Mosfets u are looking for and their type/code.
scarecrow
Veteran Mechanic

Post by scarecrow »

$5.50 sounds fine, $75 was a crazy amount. Mosfets just regulate or store power don't they? There's a bunch on the computer motherboard, when they blow (from some extreme overclocking) its something like 90cents to replace each one.
[img]http://members.iinet.net.au/~viper39/carbw.jpg[/img]
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

I would think the ones in the Amp would be more expensive than the ones on the motherboard. They would need to handle a lot more current and heat.

That being said $75 sounds ridiculous.
LED ALL the things.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

sh*t load of types...they are just advanaced FETs and basically a transistor. They form the amplifier and produce the gain and for this application u need some high powered ones...in some of the stages.

All u need is the part number of the MOSFET and off u go. Buy it from anywhere who stocks them.

KJ
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Got the number in my car. i'll get it later. i rang my supplier and they had the wrong number. by one number... they're gonna ring me today with a better price...
and $75 was the price from audiobahn in melb.
i was so cut when i found i'd given them the wrong number....i talked to the shop thats gonna repair it they said they can get them for $59 ea.
Aparently they are all the same.
the amp is an audiobahn A4KDN (http://www.audiobahn.com.au/amps.htm)
4000WRMS... thats a bit more power than a usual computer motherboard. ( I am a pc technician

FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

okay the part number is IRFP06N.
My supplier gave me price for IRFP064N... yet to hear from them still.
anyone who can find a price better than this i would aprreciate it a huge amount....