Mitsubishi 6-stacker......what head-deck can control it?

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

SilentBob
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Mitsubishi 6-stacker......what head-deck can control it?

Post by SilentBob »

Ive got the original double-din mitsubishi head deck(radio/tape and cdstacker control) and a 6 disc stacker in the centre console and was wondering...

is it possible to get a new headunit(ie pioneer, panasonic etc) to control it(cause i want to get one with mp3 playback and use the stacker as well)

anyone know, or know how i could find out???

Thanks
SiletnBob
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

impossible, you will need a new stacker
Deeps
Grease Monkey

Post by Deeps »

Hey G_A_V, how come? Is it a problem with the CD stacker not allowing other head decks to control it or is it because silent bob wants an MP3 player and MP3 players wont communicate with CD stackers? what if silentbob got an MP3/CD head unit?
MattG
Grease Monkey

Post by MattG »

First of all there is at least 2 different types of physical connection to the unit....round plug and square plug I think.

Then it has to do with control of the unit, you wouldn't be able to tell unless you plugged it in and tried to work it (or so have heard from a salesman before).

I think you would be better off buying a new stacker.
If you know the model number of the stacker you may be able to search the net to find a compatible head deck and try to find one of those for sale.

M@
http://www.forensicdata.com.au
The Data Recovery Experts
venus

I had the same problem

Post by venus »

I had the same problem with my stacker and i went to brisbane car sound and we tried all brands and the one they found compatible was a kenwood 6 stacker. I was an old style kenwood stacker but it fits and still works. i hope this helps.
DZYRME
Mechanic

Post by DZYRME »

Yes that is right, The old Kenwood stackers are compatible with the stock head units. However it may be very difficult to locate one of them now.

There are these things called FM Modulated stackers which dont require you to change your head unit. All you do is tune a radio station on the head unit and it picks up the signal of the stacker. You dont need any sort of cable to hook one of them up. They can be hooked up to absolutely any head unit in the world!

However you will get a radio quality sound!
TimmyD
Mechanic

Post by TimmyD »

DZYRME wrote:Yes that is right, The old Kenwood stackers are compatible with the stock head units. However it may be very difficult to locate one of them now.

There are these things called FM Modulated stackers which dont require you to change your head unit. All you do is tune a radio station on the head unit and it picks up the signal of the stacker. You dont need any sort of cable to hook one of them up. They can be hooked up to absolutely any head unit in the world!

However you will get a radio quality sound!
my dad has that in his nissan patrol, its really really clear and if you do have a FM stacker, you can still have the single head unit play MP3 cd's and the stacker play your normal joe blow cd's.

Cheers
Tim