Went to Joe n Riks- Extremely Impressed

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

umm
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Went to Joe n Riks- Extremely Impressed

Post by umm »

After a few bad experiences with useless local mechanics i decided to take a 2hr drive down to the gold coast to see Joe n Riks.

I asked to get my oil leak fixed, tappets adjusted, throttle cable replaced(it was fraying badly) and do a service.

They said it would take 2 days and it did(not like most bloody mechanics that tell you 1 day and you loose your car for a week :cry: )

They ended up fixing almost all the seals in the engine and found that the oil had leaked on my timing belt causing it to soften and stretch, so they replaced that too :D and found a broken adjuster (tappet thing?) which they replaced for free and they done everything i had asked.

The cleaned off all the oil and crap that had built up from the leak and returned my car running the quietest and smoothest it has ever been :D

Also they gave me a 10% discount for being a club member even though they stopped that at the 1st of January. And as i left he said to tell everyone that the 10% discount for all FTO Australia members is back on.

But it was the little things that impressed me the most. They gave me a ride to and from the train station, they were extremely friendly, they covered my white interior with rags before getting in to keep it clean(previous mechanics left grease marks on my nice white isotta gear knob), they gave me a key ring (i know thats not really awesome, but i needed one and it has an fto on it :D) and when i got there it was parked in the shade :D

So as you may be able to tell i am extremely impressed with their service and it was well worth the 2hr drive :D :D :D
Rocco
Grease Monkey

Post by Rocco »

Its the little things tht make all the difference
FTO-279
robsta
Veteran Mechanic

Post by robsta »

mind if i ask how much it cost? i need to get my oil leak fixed and a few other things too
umm
Grease Monkey

Post by umm »

$500 for oil leak fix, they need to take apart the whole engine to get to the seals, so its a lot of labour. Maybe different for GR but? They said the oil leak was a common problem on GPX's.

Just give them a call and they'll probably know which part is leaking and give you a quote over the phone.

There number is 0755320706
Dr_Jones
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Dr_Jones »

My car is with them at the moment. Getting some work done. Got a pretty flash loner car off em....not but it beats no car at all.
Jase
Grease Monkey

Post by Jase »

My 100k service is very over due. Maybe i should just bite the bullet and give them a go
www.racingspec.com.au
Dr_Jones
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Dr_Jones »

They did my 100k service 20,000k's ago and have had nothing but good times since then. Blown alternator here and there but I would certainly go there again and again.
Jase
Grease Monkey

Post by Jase »

My alternator is on it's way out. This will be the second one i've had to replace.
www.racingspec.com.au
Dr_Jones
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Dr_Jones »

I changed the alternator myself when it blew only cost me a couple of hundred bucks all up and a few beers for myself oh and also some swearing.
bartman
Grease Monkey

Post by bartman »

does anyone have a address for these guys?
Dr_Jones
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Dr_Jones »

Off the top of my head it's 32 Bailey Crescent Southport
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

awesome i recently moved near southport... i may have to pay them a visit.

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

wow... i'm in sydney but yea.. that IS extremely good service. going out of their way to find you something that you'll like, an FTO keyring, its not much but it's the RIGHT thing to go with your car, hope we had workshops like that in more places!!
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
Jase
Grease Monkey

Post by Jase »

I had my 100k service done recently. I can't say enough good things. Good guys, great job. Car runs better than it ever has. With our 10% discount it was nowhere near what i expected in terms of price. 2 very enthusiastic thumbs up for the boys.
www.racingspec.com.au
Hobbsie
Grease Monkey

Post by Hobbsie »

so these guys are the way to go? i need to do my 100k service soon. at 105ks atm.
Dr_Jones
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Dr_Jones »

Didn't you just buy your car? Are you sure it hasn't been done?
Hobbsie
Grease Monkey

Post by Hobbsie »

Dr_Jones wrote:Didn't you just buy your car? Are you sure it hasn't been done?
yeah pretty sure.. the previous owner never did it and one of the service receipt mentions it could use a cat belt replacement
Hobbsie
Grease Monkey

Post by Hobbsie »

my cars at rik n joes at the moment.. gotta say theyve been very helpful and definitely know their stuff.. their jap mechanic is awesome! ahahah.. fto sensei
fto22
Apprentice

Post by fto22 »

Hobbsie wrote:my cars at rik n joes at the moment.. gotta say theyve been very helpful and definitely know their stuff.. their jap mechanic is awesome! ahahah.. fto sensei
Hi guys,

I've just got my car back from Joe n Rick's(22/Jul/06). I guess that red FTO in the workshop belond to you :)

I've been getting car mantainese done from few places, include

Springwood Mitsubishi - they done some damage to my rear whiper system and deny that their work :(, water coming out if I top up the tank. Other than that, they can get the job done.

Mt. Gravet Mitsubishi - went there and got a quotation for $180 per server compare with around $100 at Joe n Rick's

Ultra tune - Cost around $100 and you'll get oil leak for free! I end up at Joe n Rick's and fixed the problem.

Joe n Rick's - Been there many times, 10,000km service, rebuild gear box and replace new cluch($2000), fixed a hole on the seat($65), replae central locking, noisy cluch fixed, noisy door fixed, replace headlight, etc..

To conclude, I will recommand FTO owner head Gold Coast and get their service done at Joe n Rick's if possible. They have experience of how to fixing every single problem with FTO and charge a fair price. And it's is my believe that the problem fixed by them wont' come back and haunt you again.

Just some past experience regarding service FTO in Brisbane, I hope this help.

Regards

John
FTO22
bigpitty1
Mechanic

Post by bigpitty1 »

I got the tappet adjuster off them a few months ago, as one of mine were broken, I tried getting one from the local mitsubishi dealer, on there system they didn't have it listed, only had parts on there system for doing services like sparks plugs and gaskets.

At Joe n Riks they even posted the part up to me.