want to do dyno tune at Ravzone vic

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

rnbboi
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by rnbboi »

can u gimme the address and ph number chris? :D

and because they aint open on weekends, ill go down there during the week and ask some questions and get a quote...

u gotta take me in your skyline one day, beta yet, lemme drive it :twisted:
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

rnbboi wrote:can u gimme the address and ph number chris? :D

and because they aint open on weekends, ill go down there during the week and ask some questions and get a quote...

u gotta take me in your skyline one day, beta yet, lemme drive it :twisted:
rezone has a website with all the details...

http://www.revzone.com.au/

Call Justin and tell him u were recomended by Chris with the balck FTO / R33 and ask him about my crazy new mods ---- while your at it ask him where my turbo is at and my wheels form japan...

their my buddies.. :P
poster
Grease Monkey

Post by poster »

hahaha nice one chris..

and ken im going to call them tomorow first thing and i want to go early next week like monday or tuesday if u want to join in ?.....i can show u my laterst sh*tty DIY up grades hahhah :D ....(its pretty good, just dont know if it will work well)

let me know....
thanks

shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

hey ken could u get me a quote too to fit the safc and tune please :D i doubt i'll be able to get a day off during the week to head out that way though
<div><strong>My Car for Sale - Contact Me</strong></div><br>
poster
Grease Monkey

Post by poster »

i have booked on wednsday....if anyone want to join in...hehe...cant wait
rnbboi
Mechanic

Post by rnbboi »

maybe someone can confirm if this is the right price:

i couldnt call em, cos no one picked up, so sent off an email.

this is what i was replied with:

"Hi Ken,

$680 +GST for supply, install and tune

Unit comes with 1 year warranty.

Have a good day."

That is for a SAFCII.

I have sent back an email and have asked how much just for install and tune if i was to supply the SAFCII. am still waiting for a reply. Will let u guys know.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

I can get the SAFC II for $350. so therefore the fitting an tune is about 350 also...which is not too bad.
EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

I thought normal dyno tune from revzone was $80, but to tune a safc - would it take them four and a half hours?

ask for a break down of quote
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

fitting also included in that quote. 2 hrs of f**king around fitting and 2 hrs of tuning the safc. sounds about right...might be 1hr over...
rnbboi
Mechanic

Post by rnbboi »

just got a reply.

relax people... lol

Installation and tuning will be approx 3 hrs. It will be $220.

Now that sounds a bit better :D

Shue, I am looking to book in a time not next fri, but the following fri. maybe we can book two consecutive times, and both be there.

that way, we can go around places and kill 3 hrs instd of bumming around. :wink:

Anyway, will talk to u more about it.
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

is that on the 4th of next month? i'll have to try to get a day off work then. 220$ is this from revzone or dr drift? does anyone know weather its makes much of a difference who u get the safc tuned by? considering dr drift is closer to both of us might be a better option if it doesnt.
ygoslo
Apprentice

Post by ygoslo »

Dr Drift is a champ. Such a good guy and good at what he does. He's tuning my Silvia when it finally hits the road, and if I do anything to my FTO when I buy one he'll probably get the job of making sure I don't blow it up.

He was drifting an old Holden Rodeo tray with a column shift at Winton last weekend. Funniest thing ever! :lol:
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

ygoslo wrote:Dr Drift is a champ. Such a good guy and good at what he does. He's tuning my Silvia when it finally hits the road, and if I do anything to my FTO when I buy one he'll probably get the job of making sure I don't blow it up.

He was drifting an old Holden Rodeo tray with a column shift at Winton last weekend. Funniest thing ever! :lol:
yeah he's good the s/line boys rave about him...just too far form me. Craig at revzone is a good safc tuner while I bet Dr. Drift spent most of their time with power fc's. but they tune them roughly the same.
rnbboi
Mechanic

Post by rnbboi »

shue wrote:is that on the 4th of next month? i'll have to try to get a day off work then. 220$ is this from revzone or dr drift? does anyone know weather its makes much of a difference who u get the safc tuned by? considering dr drift is closer to both of us might be a better option if it doesnt.
$220 is revzone.

Havent asked about Dr Drift yet, i thought u did that Shue lol...

Ye, it is the 4th im talking about. :wink:
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

hey ken i spoke to one of my mates whos got the skyline. he can get us a discount from dr drift too :wink: and he works sat and sundays. wanna take both cars down to him? be easier than taking a day off
poster
Grease Monkey

Post by poster »

omg...hahha im having the worst problem...hahha

i went and did the dyno tune and found out i have lost one cylider again... -.-

these days machnics are just too hard to trust and hard to deal with.....

but the good news is that with 5 cylinder it still puts out 100kw at the flywheel......what do u think ?
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

100kw at the flywheel, so that mean you got around 65kw at the wheel......... :? Thats not a good news, thats a very bad news.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

where was the dyno done? but 1 lot cly. on a small capacity V6 is not good at all. time to sell and start again mate.
poster
Grease Monkey

Post by poster »

i did it at ravzone

hahha the privious machanic didnt put in the engine right...

i still have 5 cylinders in my fto...which is a joke.....took it bak for warrenty and the machanic trying to send me off and said "well that 1 cylinder sometimes just dont work..." hahahhaha i should of recorded that....
great workshop....hahahha what a joke
(cant tell u which workshop this is)
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

my car is at RevZone now until next tuesday...look for the grey skyline with the new FMIC, turbo and all these nice bits. If your lucky my wheels will have arrived from Japan too.