Website Help. This forum is for problems with the website not for car help
If you are having problems creating an account - please post in here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

dimi
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Experiencing problems

Post by dimi »

Experiencing problems with the speed it takes to open up sections of the forum (all sections)

It is really fruggen slow, like so slow, i am not even bothering to wait type slow

Anyone else experiecing this, rest of my comp working fine, other sites all fine just this one?
devil2004
Grease Monkey

Post by devil2004 »

yes, it comes and goes. It's a little bit quicker now but it was slow as around lunch time.

The server was down like 2 nights ago, I think they are making uogrades :roll:
devil2004
Grease Monkey

Post by devil2004 »

also notice that i can never get into any threads which rnbboi posted in last. i.e. the spark plug group buy and thecf stereo surround group buy.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

I am having slowness problems at the moment too :?
LED ALL the things.
dimi
Mechanic

Post by dimi »

still no improve, this is balls
scarecrow
Veteran Mechanic

Post by scarecrow »

Supplanter wrote:I am having slowness problems at the moment too :?
Don't worry supplanter, i'm willing to explain things more thoroughly for you :P
[img]http://members.iinet.net.au/~viper39/carbw.jpg[/img]
rnbboi
Mechanic

Post by rnbboi »

devil2004 wrote:also notice that i can never get into any threads which rnbboi posted in last. i.e. the spark plug group buy and thecf stereo surround group buy.

Anyone else experiencing this?
ew...

actually, i cant get into some threads i posted myself lol... have to wait a long time :?

but there are some threads which has pictures in em, so loading time may b a little bit longer than usual... but yes, me experiencing this too...
dimi
Mechanic

Post by dimi »

NO IMPROVE
dimi
Mechanic

Post by dimi »

Whats the go, this whole website has become seriously f**king slow, its become an anoyance.
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

I think the site is hibernating :wink:
LED ALL the things.
noccers
Grease Monkey

Post by noccers »

If you're experiencing 'hanging' problems it's definitly due to demand.

What that means is, at the time you requested a page the site had already maxed out its user load so it's placed you in a queue to wait for a spot to open up. The time this takes is dependant on how many people are in infront of you in the queue.

The only way to fix it is to increase the amount of requests the http server can handle, but that may not be an option if the server doesn't have enough RAM to compensate. If it's a rented server more RAM usually means a plan upgrade, which obviously costs a lot more money.

The best thing to do is thank the admins for their service and be patient ;)
gawk; talk; date; wine; grep; touch; unzip; strip; touch; gasp; finger; gasp; mount; fsck; more; yes; fsck; gasp; eject; umount; make clean; make mrproper; sleep;

successful trades: d_stroy_r, shue, mxysxy, dstocks
Dr_Jones
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Dr_Jones »

Well said, having a winge only makes the server angry.
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

noccers wrote:If you're experiencing 'hanging' problems it's definitly due to demand.

What that means is, at the time you requested a page the site had already maxed out its user load so it's placed you in a queue to wait for a spot to open up. The time this takes is dependant on how many people are in infront of you in the queue.

The only way to fix it is to increase the amount of requests the http server can handle, but that may not be an option if the server doesn't have enough RAM to compensate. If it's a rented server more RAM usually means a plan upgrade, which obviously costs a lot more money.

The best thing to do is thank the admins for their service and be patient ;)
Yep, you can also imagine the amount of bandwidth this forum would use up, and that money is coming out of somebody's pocket.

Speaking of which, shouldn't there be like a donations link, I wouldn't mind throwing in a couple of dollars here and there.
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

This forum also sits on a server with a large amount of other sites...