Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Any Plans for June ?

Post by Sparhawk »

Just wondering if anyone had any ideas for a cruise/meet for this month

I think its good to stay in touch, so if anyone has got anything they want to do, step forward. It doesnt have to be a long cruise or anything. It could be a run up to Birdwood, or meet in town for a bbq, or if you know somewhere picturesque for some photo's (shaun is a budding photographer).

I'm getting club withdrawls LOL...
[color=blue]Death is life's way of telling you - you're fired.[/color]
Oh Bugger, my sig block pic has dropped off the host ;(
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

OK, so everyone has gone on holidays or something. Didnt invite me ya Bastards !!!

So scrap June, How about July ?

Anyone ?

Hello
Hello
Hello
Hello
Hello
sonic
Apprentice

Post by sonic »

aww Its just you here all alone!!!

It seems to be pretty quiet here in little ol' Adelaide this month!!!

Jaime
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

or....

maybe everyone is too busy planning the next cruise....

Its must be gunna be a beauty. I cant wait now, I'm all excited <rubs hands together>
mxysxy
Oldtimer

Post by mxysxy »

Why dont we call the promo girls,
I will race up from VIC immediately,
mrx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by mrx »

He-hello? Is this thing on?

**taps imaginary microphone**

Oh hey, yeah, been a bit preoccupied with other things. Rather interesting last month or so to say the least.

Scrap June - too freakin cold this month anhow. July - where it will be MUCH warmer of course - happy to do anything. Even just a catch up, BBQ somewhere, doesn't even have to involve a drive as such. Or at least, not a long drive.

How about a run up old norton summit, back down gorge road and then to someone's place for a bbq. Could even make it an arvo start, and then bbq that mid arvo/evening. Something different, little more social too.

Have not checked with the calendar or Management, but plucking a date of 16th July?

How does that sound?
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

Of all the dates to pluck... that day we are having a family get together for my Dad's 85th.

BUT

The day before, on the Saturday night we are holding a fancy dress party, and you're welcome to attend... and that would involve a drive out north for most of you... and you can get to our place thru the hills too :)
DesertStormBlack
Grease Monkey

run

Post by DesertStormBlack »

23rd anyone? yes.. i'm still around.. it's going soon though(r32 replacement hehe.. lol).. i promise.. just have to tear myself away from her..
testlabmonkey
Grease Monkey

Post by testlabmonkey »

yeah i agree... too cold. bbq in july... now that is hopeful thinking. Can we take a cruise to Falls Creek by any chance. Would love to go skiing up there for a weekend this winter.
mrx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by mrx »

OK - fair call on the BBQ too!

Well, I am open for suggestions! Lets say the 23rd, and now someone come up with a direction!

Will put some actual thought into it and get back to you.
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

We could always head up to Hahndorf. Im sure we can find something to do when we get there. Take Devils Elbow up (warm up those tyres), spend some time in Hahndorf, then the Freeway back down (nice casual run home) ?
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

Or a dusk / evening cruise. So a late start, head up the hills, then cruise back down when the sun has gone down and find a nice spot for some night photography ?

Or a dusk on the beach idea... sun setting behind the cars with the ocean in the background ?

How good would a photo be with the cars infront of the Adelaide Festival Theatre at night ? If you could swing it of course...

Of course anything in the evening would need to be Saturday night, not Sunday...

Just throwing up ideas here ppl...
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

or....

Weather permitting, a cruise up thru the hills to Mt Crawford forest, and maybe find a nice scenic spot under some trees for some photo's and a BBQ for lunch. Dress warm and a BBQ is still ok... unless you are SOFT.
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

Oh, and while I thought of it, although July is not the right time of year, maybe Septemberish, what would be the interest in an overnight camping cruise somewhere ? Drive out one day, set up a few tents, have a campfire, sit around with some beer / port (whatever takes your fancy) and drive back the next day ?

If ppl are interested in this type of thing, I'll start looking for places we could get to easily with our cars...

I know its hard to get ppl together for just a day cruise, let alone a weekend, but maybe a bit of prompting and planning ahead will bring you all out of the woodwork a little...
DesertStormBlack
Grease Monkey

camping

Post by DesertStormBlack »

lol.. camping sounds good.. has been a while.. fto does provide more than ample boot space.. :D

will def have to check dates in sept and weather of course..

if the weather is no good for social events, we could just warm up the cars and our bellies with some more magnificent wine (yet another winery cruise).. just another suggestion.. lol..
testlabmonkey
Grease Monkey

Post by testlabmonkey »

:-|.... ease up on the caffine sparhawk..... :lol:
testlabmonkey
Grease Monkey

Post by testlabmonkey »

seriously though towards the end of the year we could go up to Mambray Creek (only a couple of hours north from where we live sparhawk) stay the night and then organise a track event the following day on the way back at mallala.
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

testlabmonkey wrote::-|.... ease up on the caffine sparhawk..... :lol:
Mmmmmm Coffee.......
testlabmonkey wrote:seriously though towards the end of the year we could go up to Mambray Creek (only a couple of hours north from where we live sparhawk) stay the night and then organise a track event the following day on the way back at mallala.
Sounds good. I have never camped up that way. Near Mt Remarkable yeah ? Whats it like ? Access easy, campfires allowed ?

As for the track day, I wont take my car on the track, but I dont mind watching (or videoing)

Or there's always the Clare Valley to visit on the way thru if you get my meaning :)
testlabmonkey
Grease Monkey

Post by testlabmonkey »

access is pretty easy... a couple of kms of gravelly roads (damn i dont have the offroader fto anymore....) and yes campfires are aloud outside of fire ban season. very nice place have stayed there many times in my childhood.
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

Sounds good. Fireban season for Mid North (I think thats the right zone) is 15Nov - 30Apr, so as long as we go before 15 November its all good. National cruise scheduled for late Oct/early Nov, so September is probably the best.

Back to the original thread though, what we planning for July ?