ROCKFORD SYSTEM

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

lanyon
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

ROCKFORD SYSTEM

Post by lanyon »

Over a year in the preparation and 4 weeks in the shop, my FTO now has a system i can say im truly proud o fthanks to the fine work of Adam and Craig at Tower Audio Melton. See you all at SHOW OFF melb next weekend ;)

STAGE 1

STAGE 2

FINISHED PRODUCT ;)
Rocco
Grease Monkey

Post by Rocco »

So hott right now
FTO-279
gus
Apprentice

Post by gus »

Only problem i have with that one is there is no room to put my golf clubs and kites.

Nice system though dude.
lanyon
Apprentice

Post by lanyon »

true lol , ill have to fly my kite out the sunroof ;)
scarecrow
Veteran Mechanic

Post by scarecrow »

Please god tell me those massive woofers are sitting in the metal partition between the rear seats and the boot, and that u've fucked the useless rear seats off altogether and instead have the beautiful pounding cones naked and visible.

If this is the case, then sir, I am in love with you.
[img]http://members.iinet.net.au/~viper39/carbw.jpg[/img]
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Yes there's movement in my pants too... nicely done :D
lanyon
Apprentice

Post by lanyon »

sorry to say the rear seats are still in, i cant garage this baby and thus covering my pride is paramount to not getting my stez knocked. But then again im sure displaying at auto showoff doesnt help the "look what ive got in my boot" factor. I cant win.

Now that this is finished its causing a snowball effect with mates saying when u gonna do this and when u gonna do that?

FTO = black hole i throw all my hard earns into, but isnt it fun ;)
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Looks great mike :D how much did all that set you back?
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

wow, nicely done. ive been looking at doing a boot install and urs in one of the best ive seen so far. lol arent all our fto's blackholes but comeon doesnt it make u smile everytime u get into it :D
<div><strong>My Car for Sale - Contact Me</strong></div><br>
lanyon
Apprentice

Post by lanyon »

just then install itself was a flat $4k, as for the rest of the gear ill let u research that one yourself (Thank god for ebay).

Yes i do enjoy my black hole when i actually get a chance to drive it.
Just glad my parents dont know how much ive spent so far , id prob have a nice house deposite lol.
akuma3
Oldtimer

Post by akuma3 »

do you guys get those rattle noise problem? like my friggin sub shakes the rear seat belt, the spoiler etc etc ... makes this annoying rattle noise :evil:
The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world's problem.

[img]http://www.speedtest.net/result/79682123.png[/img]
Ju5tin
Apprentice

Post by Ju5tin »

akuma3 wrote:do you guys get those rattle noise problem? like my friggin sub shakes the rear seat belt, the spoiler etc etc ... makes this annoying rattle noise :evil:
I get them from the rear seatbelts and also the rear side panels inside. :(
Dr_Jones
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Dr_Jones »

I'd suggest doing the rear seat belts up. That takes care of them rattling.
Ju5tin
Apprentice

Post by Ju5tin »

Dr_Jones wrote:I'd suggest doing the rear seat belts up. That takes care of them rattling.
Oh. But I think it's more the case of the metal clip part knocking onto the side panel, just from the vibration really.
Dr_Jones
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Dr_Jones »

Yes and if you do the belts up the metal clip will be in the middle of the car well away from the plastic side panel.
Ju5tin
Apprentice

Post by Ju5tin »

Dr_Jones wrote:Yes and if you do the belts up the metal clip will be in the middle of the car well away from the plastic side panel.
Oh. I didn't think it would change the position of them so much. But I'll have a look at that. Thanks champ. :wink:
lanyon
Apprentice

Post by lanyon »

I would have major rattles but 2 boxes of dynamat sound deading stoped that, its so quite in the cabin now when the stereo's off.
Darith
Apprentice

Post by Darith »

lanyon

That is a heaps nice set-up :D

You wouldn't wanna get a flat tyre.

Looking good 8)
lanyon
Apprentice

Post by lanyon »

yeah a can of that foam tyre fill would be a good idea for me to keep in the car lol or maybe signing up with racv roadside. More lighting is getting installed right now ill post a pic of the upgrade later :wink: