What size speakers?

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

SilentBob
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

What size speakers?

Post by SilentBob »

Hi.....wondering what size splits fit in the front of the FTO...

Ive currently got the stock speakers(which have woofer, mid and treble splits) in the door/dash and am going to upgrade these to better quality tweeter/woofer splits

Im wondering what size will fit in the door...anyone know or know of a webpage where I could find these details???

SilentBob
Deeps
Grease Monkey

Post by Deeps »

Yeh, Im gonna change mine aswell. However, I think the speakers in the doors of my fto are three way and have already been changed. The reason I want to change it is it makes a rattling noize when the music is turned up. My guess is the speaker may just have a wire touching it and when it jumps up and down from the music it creates this rattle. The sound is quite clear, it is not distorted so I dont think it is blown. Anyway, if im gonna get in there to take a look I may as well just put newer, top quality speakers in.
scracy
Grease Monkey

what size speakers

Post by scracy »

:lol: Silent bob you need 6 inch front speakers allthough 6.5 inch will fit also. To change the speakers simply unclip the door speaker grill with a flat blade screw driver (you dont need to remove the entire door trim). The factory speaker has a plug on the back remove this plug by cutting it of as i doubt you will find a speaker with the exact same connection. The large spade part of the plug is the speaker +tve the smaller one the -tve.
Cheers ps: mount the tweeters on the triangular part at the front of the door it just unclips very easily. Not the only place to mount tweeters but the simplist.
rxboy
Mechanic

Post by rxboy »

I measured the front stock speakers with a ruler and the diameter was 160mm = approx 6.5" . Does anybody know what size tweeter will fit in the front vents?
TimmyD
Mechanic

Post by TimmyD »

ive got 2 1" tweeters in my door pannels... like just sorta across/infront of the door opener thingy

-- Tim
Deeps
Grease Monkey

Post by Deeps »

Thanx 4 the info scracy :)
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

if you have the stock headunit dont bother with splits. They stock unit underpowers aftermarket speakers too much, makes them sound bad.