Supercharging FTO's

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

akuma
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Supercharging FTO's

Post by akuma »

I'm sure there's millions of topics on turbos and supercharging before and said there's still no bolt on kit for FTO yet, but i really want to supercharge mine one, just wondering does anyone know much about this topic?

Friend of mine turbos "her" fto in WA and ended up only last 3 weeks and engine blew up ... don't want that to happen to mine so thinkin of supercharge.
Bluntman
Grease Monkey

Post by Bluntman »

Yeah i havent found anything good on superchargers, their good cos u always have the extra power unlike a turbo where you have to wait for the turbo to spool up. does anyone make a supercharger kit for another car that would fit? (eg eclipse??)

Re: Supercharging FTO's

Post by Guest »

akuma wrote:I'm sure there's millions of topics on turbos and supercharging before and said there's still no bolt on kit for FTO yet, but i really want to supercharge mine one, just wondering does anyone know much about this topic?

Friend of mine turbos "her" fto in WA and ended up only last 3 weeks and engine blew up ... don't want that to happen to mine so thinkin of supercharge.
it doesn't matter whether you turbocharge or supercharge your FTO - there is always a chance of things going wrong. i suppose what really went wrong with your friend's turbo conversion could be due to either:

1. poor engine condition prior to conversion
2. poor tuning
3. running too much boost
4. dodgy workmanship

supercharging will no doubt help in terms of performance, but chances of things going wrong along the way is still as good as turbocharging hence there is no rule of thumb for one method to be more reliable than the other.