Loudest FTO in the world?

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

FtoSam
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Loudest FTO in the world?

Post by FtoSam »

Okay my system finally has all the parts (Finnaly got the mosfetts 10 from china and 10 from hong kong),... im wondering how loud is the loudest FTO in Australia or The World? I wish to take on The Australian record.. but i'd be interested in the worlds loudest fto..
anyone?

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Mil 'ftoluv' would be one person to speak too..
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

There have been less than a handle of loud FTO's in the last few years. Mine recorded a 137dB but im sure the red FTO (forgotten his name) that had 2 x 15" was in the low 140s.
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

118db
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Is that all? Looks like ICE isnt such a big thing in FTOs... I was hoping High 140s or maybe scrape into 150... I know this is big... but its been planned over the past 9 months and is getting done properly..

FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

I love my sounds gear, but i never consider loud as a good thing, i just want quality sounds not some muffuled noise :D
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

sh*t i thought we was talking about exhausts... 118db is my exhaust sorry guys...
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

jonowong wrote:sh*t i thought we was talking about exhausts... 118db is my exhaust sorry guys...
LOL! What have you got in it? C4? Thats a healthy 20db over legal :lol:
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

jonowong wrote:sh*t i thought we was talking about exhausts... 118db is my exhaust sorry guys...
lol have u got a muffler??
jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

yeh its angled because i like the look of an angled one just more tasteful in my opinion but that made it really loud but omg... mivec screams... u can hear me from a good km away i rekon and its a sexual roar not a farty 1.6L lancer noise
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

i find it hard to believe its 118db mate, how did u get that tested?? my mates RX7 has a freakin loud exhaust and his his 110. There is no way an FTO can sound louder than rotary.

As with the loudest FTO, its hard to get a lot of bass out of a FTO becos of the boost design however with the setup u have u should put out an interesting figure :wink:
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

As with the loudest FTO, its hard to get a lot of bass out of a FTO becos of the boost design however with the setup u have u should put out an interesting figure
I realise this... My box for these two subs takes up about 80% of the boot (After i took out all the lining and wheel etc.)... The subs fire directly into the cabin (Behind the rear seats) at the moment they sit almost flush ... But im having them fully sealed to eliminate the entire boot area altogether... save popping my boot open/ flexing panels as well as cutting down on the area that these will be firing into...
the cone sits about 50mm from the foam part of the seat.... Thinking about moving the ports from the front to the top and have them come out where the 6x9s sit...

jonowong
Oldtimer

Post by jonowong »

FTOluv wrote:i find it hard to believe its 118db mate, how did u get that tested?? my mates RX7 has a freakin loud exhaust and his his 110. There is no way an FTO can sound louder than rotary.
i got defected... so i went to hi-tech to test it.. and revved it to 4000rpm...
118db
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Lol... thats pretty loud... i wanna get mine tested...

Aweb
Grease Monkey

Post by Aweb »

mines pretty loud ;)

http://www.fadeware.net/fto-misc/JS-Aweb.wmv

pro-shop iida manifolds, custom replacement downpipe, decat and 5zigen cat/back :twisted:

as for db's dunno i'm scared to ask and i hide from the police ;) :lol:
leinad
Grease Monkey

Post by leinad »

FTO338 wrote:I love my sounds gear, but i never consider loud as a good thing, i just want quality sounds not some muffuled noise :D
Highly agree, want a nice note not the high pitch buzz from Canon's... :P
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Aweb wrote:mines pretty loud ;)

http://www.fadeware.net/fto-misc/JS-Aweb.wmv

pro-shop iida manifolds, custom replacement downpipe, decat and 5zigen cat/back :twisted:

as for db's dunno i'm scared to ask and i hide from the police ;) :lol:
I had a similar system in my old FTO but i put a silencer after a while and dyno proven, the silencer have no effect on performance.

These days i just want my cars as quiet as possible.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.